Smile is finally released

Costellogirl75

Paul McCartney sais once that the only band he was afraid could be a rival for the Beatles was the Beach Boys, specially after hearing "Pet Sounds". Well, he does seem very relax nowadays... The Beach Boys are underrated, to my opinion. I hope this release will make them sound again, al least on the radio.

I dont think they are underrated at all! How often do you see Pet Sounds listed in those top albums of all time type lists? Its usually in the top five.

Deservedly so, as well. Anyone who is unfamiliar with it and thinks the Beach Boys only did surf music should listen to it. Remember that "Good Vibrations" was considered not strong enough to be included! The album is brilliantly inventive and touchingly maudlin as well. The track "Caroline, No" is the best thing they ever did.

I dont think they are underrated at all! How often do you see Pet Sounds listed in those top albums of all time type lists? Its usually in the top five.

Deservedly so, as well. Anyone who is unfamiliar with it and thinks the Beach Boys only did surf music should listen to it. Remember that "Good Vibrations" was considered not strong enough to be included! The album is brilliantly inventive and touchingly maudlin as well. The track "Caroline, No" is the best thing they ever did.

Yes, that´s exactely what I mean! Most people think the Beach Boys were just blonde american surfers singing Barbara Ann and stuff like this. Sure I´ve heard Pet Sounds and more... Well, maybe it´s because I´ve been leaving in Europe for so many years and could be this point of view it´s not at all the one you have in the States. But I always thought they deserve more stars.