• 2 weeks later...

Demetri Martin is really funny. Here's a few good lines from him:

"Here's a breakdown of pillow fights:

Man vs. Woman - Fun

Man vs. Man - Gay

Woman vs. Woman - Awesome

Man vs. Pillow - Crazy

Pillow vs. Pillow - Crazy Awesome"

"If someone asks you if you're ticklish, you can't say yes or no, because either way, you'll get tickled. Instead, you should say something like 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I am extremely ticklish.'"

"I don't like pinatas because they support violence against flamboyant animals. 'Hey, there's a donkey with some pizazz. Let's kick his a**.' What I'm trying to say is, dont' make the same halloween costume mistake I did."

Also, Mike Birbiglia is very funny.

Here's his hilarious skit about George W. Bush

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_g9rJb_razU

Here's a skit about cats set to a cartoon

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5h99XSxRI

• 7 months later...

I think the funniest stand up I have ever seen it Dave Chappelle's "Killin' Them Softly." If you like Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" or Chris Rock's "Bigger and Blacker" then you will love this. Most people only know him for Chappelle's Show but there are more quotable lines in this hour long routine than in almost all seasons of Chappelle's Show. I have watched and listend to it (iPod) 15 times, and it has not gotten old. It is truly one of the best out there.

Demetri Martin is really funny. Here's a few good lines from him:

"Here's a breakdown of pillow fights:

Man vs. Woman - Fun

Man vs. Man - Gay

Woman vs. Woman - Awesome

Man vs. Pillow - Crazy

Pillow vs. Pillow - Crazy Awesome"

"If someone asks you if you're ticklish, you can't say yes or no, because either way, you'll get tickled. Instead, you should say something like 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I am extremely ticklish.'"

"I don't like pinatas because they support violence against flamboyant animals. 'Hey, there's a donkey with some pizazz. Let's kick his a**.' What I'm trying to say is, dont' make the same halloween costume mistake I did."

I whole heartedly concur. And, I think Dimitri Martin is cute.

Steve Martin performed at Rutgers when I was there (I graduated in 1980) and he was by far the biggest, most talked about act to play there. It was the same as a major rock act. he was a Saturday Night Live star and known world-wide.

Others that performed there during those years (Boston, Billy Joel, Meatloaf, Elvis Costello, etc.) couldn't live up to The Steve Martin show.

Steve Martin in his white suit,arrow through the head best will always be my #1. Richard Pryor and George Carlin are great too and Gallagher,especially when he brings out the watermelons.I also like Ron "they call me tater salad" White. I love the TV show Seinfield but I have never found his standup to be that funny.

• 8 months later...