Advertising

Carl

It seems to me (although this may not be an option) to have ads be specifically relavant.

Example: Let's say I visit Songfacts and look up American Pie and an ad appears to the right that would steer me to a download on "I-Tunes" for immediate purchase or "Amazon" for sample preview and subsequent purchase of a Compact disc.

This maybe something that could even be looked into for an additional revenue fo the site, heck I'd love to see Carl and Sara have to hire an accountant to assist them in investing for expansion and enhancements as well as a modest administration fee. Why the heck not?!

Songfacts is a great site and needs to invest in the future of the College of musical knowledge!

Online advertising is confusing. We're learning a lot as we dip in, but there's going to be a lot of trial and error (the current ads at the top are an error).

There are places where you can click a link to hear a song sample and buy the album. I haven't figured out how this works yet, but as Mike suggests, it would be a great feature. Somewhere, there's a server with all this music, and we have to get permission to tap into it. The good news is that we're structured as a database, which makes us compatible.

We've made another advertising adjustment, I don't think I need to point it out. :googly: This is a company that specializes in music sites. Supposedly, they'll have music related advertising for us, but they also use the general ads you see on many other sites. It's rather large but we'll see how it goes - any thoughts?

Doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Wow. That's two songs. "It Don't matter to Me" by Bread, and "One way or Another" by Blondie.

Parallel Lines is the best album by Blondie.

This morning I have a gentle offer on my screen which says "Live and work in the USA" in order to get my green card. I can´t get rid of it but well, anyway, it doesn´t bother me. I´m not planning to become American, I have allready a couple of passports and maybe I´ll become Spanish one day if I´m not too lazy. Though I love America, as David Byrne said. I guess this has nothing to do with ads, it must be for the spanish net.

This morning I have a gentle offer on my screen which says "Live and work in the USA" in order to get my green card. I can´t get rid of it but well, anyway, it doesn´t bother me. I´m not planning to become American, I have allready a couple of passports and maybe I´ll become Spanish one day if I´m not too lazy. Though I love America, as David Byrne said. I guess this has nothing to do with ads, it must be for the spanish net.

Funny, this morning I still have this Green Card offer... has it something to do with the web? Maybe the Spanish web? (they won´t offer G.C. to American...) If you know something about it, pls let me know.

Autumn is here...Brrrrr...

Thanks XXX, I´ll see how to get rid of it. I´m told that macintosh don´t get virus but seems it´s not true...

Don't worry Edna, it's not a virus :) All it is is the website hosting the adert has put inormation on your computer (cookies). Using Ad-Aware and Spybot (which you can download for free) will remove the information they have stored on your computer. :thumbsup: