Advertising

Carl

Hey Carl or Sara,

What's with the ads here now up by the fish? This was one of the last sites you could find without ads, has that changed?

Also, that spot is for the fish, and the fish only.

If ads are completely nescessary, I think they should be at the bottom, so that the fish can reclaim his rightful spot.

Thanks a lot,

Danielj

This site has been increasing over the past 2 months or so, messages are being posted much faster than ever before, eventually the costs are going to start rising for the site, with the bandwidth and all. It doesn't matter to me how the ads are placed, I can still continue to post when I get the free time. Great job with the site Carl & Sara.

If ads are completely nescessary, I think they should be at the bottom, so that the fish can reclaim his rightful spot.

Sites pay far less to have their ad at the bottom of the page, and rightfully so. I hardly think it'd be worth their while simply for the sake of the fish having his spot... He is still, after all, the first thing on the page.

I am ashamed at you for sinking so low as to put ads on your site. I tried to trust you and you broke that trust. This will be my last visit to songfacts, thanks for ruining an otherwise perfect site.

That's very hurtful Ron. We've been trying very hard to avoid intrusive advertising. Even what we're doing now is a trial and you will never see pop-ups, pop-unders or things flying across the screen. We welcome ideas to help defray the costs of maintaining the site, maybe you could propose some alternatives?

You know, DG could almost qualify as an honoury Brit with the amount of scarcasm he uses. Us Brits tend to read every statement as scarcasm first, before considering it could be sincere.

Also, CD - is it my imagination or are you less abrasive than you were when I first joined? Is something happening to you on a regular basis now that wasn't then, perchance?

Regards