Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow

MindCrime

Avoid this movie at any given cost. The film was shot mostly in shaded gray-scale, despite the tinted-cell portrayal seen in the commercials, which I had the unfortunate luck of seeing this at the drive-in theater, where it was almost impossible to make out the blurred images. For a Paramount Pictures film, the technology design used behind the obsolete CGI factor is minimal at best. Also the scripting involves the most obvious plot since last year?s blunder ?House of the Dead?. The tag-lines are more stupid than amusing & the resembling Indiana Jones drama is highly evident, regardless of the proclaimed originality displayed by the characters? portrayals, who incidentally have little or no charisma. I expected a better performance, coming from an Award Winning cast, which wasn?t seen here. This film is nearly a century too late, & I?m pretty sure it would?ve been inconceivable even back then. Currently the #1 film at the box office, I?m willing to bet that many of the viewers were left unsatisfied, especially with it?s bogus promotion. :thumbsdown:

Anybody else see it & have any opinions or disagreements?

The movie wasn't all that bad, but it was hard to follow the story & the ending made no sense. If you like the takes on old time classics, then it's worth it. I thought it was somewhat similar to the 1990 movie Rocketeer, it used the same type of atmosphere. Others would probably disagree though.

It was very well-written, smart and funny. It also had lots of humping dogs and an irresistable Natalie Portman. It's probably funnier if you have been to New Jersey, where you know it's entirely possible to find a bottomless sinkhole in Newark. You would like it.