legendary rock band ... the cure

eightiesfeen

hey everyone ... yesterday i got a new car and guess what it is???? its a FORD MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE! anyway, i was just driving around testing the convertible with a couple friends and blasting the radio pretending we were filming for different music videos. for our next video, my friend pops in the cd player the latest CURE cd ... and DAMN! that cd was pretty good! im not really a big fan of that type of music but i honestly thought that this cd was off the hook! i really liked this one track, THE END OF THE WORLD! everytime we played that, we would all go nuts and try to pretend we were the cure! yeah ... we're dorks ... but we're dorks driving a convertible ... hahaha ...

I honestly haven't listened to this band in well over a decade, since Wish was released anyways. Still a decent band though, I prefer their more obscure earlier sound, from the late 70's & early 80's, such as Killing an Arab & Boys Don't Cry. My personal favorite is "Love Song", even the 311 version has it's touch, others disagree though.

I remember back in early 80s, Robert Smith had his own band, Cure, but he also played guitar with Siouxsie and the Banshees. He could hardly go on tours having two jobs at the same time! By then his music was dark and curious. I like his songs now, and the acoustic versions are fine too.

Including, or excluding the fact that they break down every 10 feet?

Are you sure you're not thinking of the British malfunctioning epitome: The Jaguar. A mechanic I used to know said that if you are naive enough to buy one of these, you need to buy another car while you're at it, for the 364 days a year that your "Jag" is in the shop.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the British malfunctioning epitome: The Jaguar. A mechanic I used to know said that if you are naive enough to buy one of these, you need to buy another car while you're at it, for the 364 days a year that your "Jag" is in the shop.

Agreed that Jaguars are lemons. I'd still love to own an Austin Healey, a Triumph, or an MG :beatnik:

Agreed that Jaguars are lemons. I'd still love to own an Austin Healey, a Triumph, or an MG

I have first-hand experience with an MG, when I was younger my step father owned a '59 MGA & I was allowed to drive it around despite being a serious collector car. I thought it ran great for being an primeval car, but I don't know if it would be my first pick, due the some slight handling & suspension adjustments.

The 80's Mustangs were pretty bad for a sports car, but I wouldn't of minded owning one then. The engine ran perfectly fine, it's just the sleek design wasn't all there. There were much worse cars introduced, say does anybody remember the Gremlin or the Colt? The 85 edition was probably the worst ever.

Haha. Like the Yugo and the Fiat

My cousin had an '87 Fiat that he bought back then, we rode around in it, & he thought he was top s**t because of his car. It was obvious that it was going to give him several maintenance problems, he kept it for about 3 years, and after having it fixed many times, he had to settle on a Mazda Hatchback, which wasn't much of an improvement.