Sign in to follow this  
Nirvana2k4

Cleansing Songs

Anyone have at least one particular song that no matter what mood your in you will suddenly wipe away any sort of emotion or bad feelings because of it? For me no matter how I'm feeling if I hear "Linus & Lucy" from a Charlie Brown Christmas . . . my face automatically sprouts a smile and my spirit feels lifted. Strange really . . .

I used to feel this way about a lot of songs, but the feeling has since faded away. Maybe they grew on me for too long, who's to say.

One that does do it each time is Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti album, including tracks Ten Years Gone & Trampled Under Foot.

The Grateful Dead-Box of Rain

I always had the idea that I was the only one who liked this song, it's been a favorite of mine all throughout my life & I hold a special place for it in my mind. I used to listen to this whenever nature was kind enough to allow it to rain. One of the best songs I've ever heard.

A few others I like by them are "Rosemary", "Yellow Moon" & "Touch of Gray". I agree with Joe, they've never been my favorite band, but still a great one. Brings back memories on each listen, even if a while before my time.

I'm not familiar with "Summer Breeze" by The Isleys - I'm assuming it's not the same song as the Soft Rock favorite (Seals & Crofts?).

"Sweet Home Alabama" has cleansing properties for me. Odd, since I've never even been to Alabama.

Well, I´m talking of the Seals & Croft "Summer Breeze"... I thought there must be a version by the Isley Brothers if anyone says so. In fact, I will check out if it´s the same.