Be Brave / Admit it

windy1

Ok, there are tons of famous bands that are considered super groups or who are just generally liked by millions. I have to admit to disliking several of these bands, and I think others do too. Maybe you like particular songs, but not the band as a whole. Without being mean to others list some of the ones you can live with out.

Here's my list

Rush

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Kiss

The Doors

Jethro Tull

I know there are more, but that's just it off the top of my head.

I recognize the influence and genius of these bands, But most of their music is just not my cup of tea. C'mon admit who just doesn't do it for you! ::

Ok, there are tons of famous bands that are considered super groups or who are just generally liked by millions. I have to admit to disliking several of these bands, and I think others do too. Maybe you like particular songs, but not the band as a whole. Without being mean to others list some of the ones you can live with out.

Here's my list

Rush

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Kiss

The Doors

Jethro Tull

I know there are more, but that's just it off the top of my head.

I recognize the influence and genius of these bands, But most of their music is just not my cup of tea. C'mon admit who just doesn't do it for you! ::

Well, Windy, you did a great job at listing the bands that do do it for me. I sit here and try to think of how it would be to have never heard the contestants from your list. Lots of memories in those bands' songs.

Lets see, who doesn't do it for me:

Arlo Guthrie

The Grateful Dead

The Band

Bob Seger

It's kinda hard to think of bands that I'm not fond of because I have done my best to forget them.

I must try harder. ::

When I first saw the subject to this thread, I had misinterpreted it being about "Embarrassing Songs You Enjoy", there's a thread for that buried somewhere on this forum, I need to dig in & find it.

A few off the top of my head...

Aerosmith

Ambrosia

Bachman Turner Overdrive

Billy Joel

Black Oak Arkansas

Bruce Springsteen

The Cars

Chicago

Dan Fogelberg

David Bowie

Doobie Brothers

Electric Light Orchestra

Elton John

Elvis Costello

Emerson Lake & Palmer / Robert's solo

Fleetwood Mac

Genesis

George Thorogood

Grand Funk Railroad

Guess Who

Jefferson Airplane/Starship

John Lennon

Joe Cocker

Meatloaf

Paul McCartney & Wings

Police / Sting

Queen

Rod Stewart

Steely Dan

T. Rex

Todd Rundgren

The Who (most of their songs)

Neil Young (sorry guys, but he's just too Politically Correct)

ZZ Top

Billy Squire

Cinderella

DLR solo :doh:

Kiss

Motley Crue

Motorhead

Poison

Ratt

R.J. Dio

Van Halen

Warrant

Wasp

Winger

Alanis Morrissette

Beck

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Matchbox 20

Nirvana

Pearl Jam (post 10)

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

[scott is not going to be happy with some of these here]

Blink 182

Bowling for Soup

Fountains of Wayne

Good Charlotte

Simple Plan

Smash Mouth

Sugar Ray

Sum 41

3rd Eye Blind

Uncle Kracker

Insane Clown Posse

Kidrock

Korn

Limp Bizkit

Slipknot

I'm not saying I hate all these bands / artists, but they're mostly ones I could've done without. I'll post more when I can think of them, that's just a few that came to mind.

I don't know what it is about The Band, Grateful Dead or Arlo Guthrie I don't care for. It's the style I imagine. To me it sounds like drunken babble and Guthrie, to me, sounds like Bob Dylan with no nose. Seger, still wondering why I've always changed the station on him, I dunno, every song, to me, sounds like Night Moves, which, I've always detested. His voice, to me, has always sounded strained, every darn one of his songs.

I have a Grateful Dead decal (depicting the rainbow bears) on the rear glass of my truck. Not because I like them but because the colors go well with my new paint job. (cobalt blue)

People say to me all the time they never took me for a dead fan. I have to explain to them that they were right the first time. ::

Alanis Morrissette

Beck

Foo Fighters

Goo Goo Dolls

Matchbox 20

Nirvana

Pearl Jam (post 10)

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

[scott is not going to be happy with some of these here]

I'M SHAKING WITH ANGER :beady:

Just kiddin' dude. ::

Though I will go on record saying that I like every single artist on that list.

Anyway as far as my list goes hmmmm

ZZ Top

New Lynrd Skynrd

New Fleetwood Mac

.38 Special

STP

Those are the only ones I can think of right now

I like certain songs by those alternative bands listed, but I always felt they were highly overrated back then, my ex girlfriend was heavy into them, & I wounded up hearing a good portion of all their albums as a result.

I guess I forgot to include Dave Matthews Band while I was at it, that would be #1 on my list for the 1990's.

edit: I made a major mistake when writing this LOL

IndiePop and Songwriter sort of music:

Tori Amos

Alanis Morissette

Sarah Mclacklan

Coldplay

Pete Yarn

These usually get lumped in with the stuff I listen to and used to get played at the clubs:

Marlin Manson

Trent Reznor/NIN (with the exception of the first 2 albums)

Velvet Acid Christ

Type O Negative

Cradle Of Filth

Then, there are the popular Hair Rock bands:

Bon Jovi

Motley Crue

Poison

Stryper

Whitesnake

Arena, Classic, and ProgRock bands:

Yes

BTO

Boston

Jefferson Starship

KISS

It couldn't be this, could it?

::

That one shoulda been on my list also, oh yeah and

Creed(what a s___fest)

I had accidentally put that my sister listened to those bands, & I heard them all the time, when it was in fact my girlfriend. My memory seems to be slipping already.

You've hit the nail once again Scott, I can't believe I forgot Creed! They wouldn't have been so bad, but then they go & cover The Door's "Riders in the Storm" & completely ruin a classic.