The "Old" Songfacts Gang

RonJonSurfer

I was wondering if any of the old Songfacts gang (you know who you are) checks in to the site much these days. Every once in while I come back searching for you guys but come up empty. It was a vibrant and crazy place when we all joined close to 15 years ago and it remained that way for a long time. Frankly I miss it.  If any of you stop by, leave a comment. I'd love to know how you guys are doing. RonJonSurfer (Ron)

I didn't join 15 years ago, but I do my best to *bump* the "All Things Music" subset. Ever since Last.fm terminated all forums and fan posts, I've been hanging out here to see if there is "Life on Mars." (It seems to be very sparse.)

Folks in search of Music on the Interweb don't have many choices these days, between "Buy 'N Large" (Apple) or "We Think You Like This?" (Spotify). For really obscure music, I sometimes drop by CD Baby, if a "Toy Cows in Africa"-like track catches my eye/ear on YouTube.

So now I travel the "Roads to Moscow" while "Dancing in the Moonlight," on the way to "Scarborough Fair.";)  Patrick Abe

1 hour ago, Otokichi said:

Thanks for the update and for your contributions to Songfacts.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:28 AM, edna said:

"In My Life" - Beatles.  "Days" - Kinks

After all these years I still can't make everything work right. Thus...see a quote from the one and only Edna dated 9/23/18 in my last reply.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:37 AM, RonJonSurfer said:

I was wondering if any of the old Songfacts gang (you know who you are) checks in to the site much these days. Every once in while I come back searching for you guys but come up empty. It was a vibrant and crazy place when we all joined close to 15 years ago and it remained that way for a long time. Frankly I miss it.  If any of you stop by, leave a comment. I'd love to know how you guys are doing. RonJonSurfer (Ron)

Hi Ron; I only joined up not long ago ; but I try to jump on whenever I can . Hope you are well. Cheers Ange 😊

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi; I've been on and off for the last couple of months, but I LOOOOOVE checking out the lyrics to my favorite songs, I pretend that if I know the words my singing dosen't sound so crap ( lol)

But it doesn't work.  I learn the lyrics and continue to sing my little heart out 🤣

Some exciting news , I managed to get tickets to see a Nick Cave conversation concert in Melbourne, Australia in January 2019. BEST BIRTHDAY present to myself ever 

Hi All ! I haven;t been here for a long time, mostly because I'm still fairly computer illiterate and I have trouble negotiating the Site. It's good to see some of my great Mates here.

Hope you all had a happy Christmas and have a wonderful 2019. Here's a photo of my whole Family taken on Christmas Day. I'm at the back - now OLD 78.

48418171_1133137410193981_479433957868306432_n.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, RonJonSurfer said:

After all these years I still can't make everything work right. Thus...see a quote from the one and only Edna dated 9/23/18 in my last reply.

RonJon is always right...    😄   and you're the best, RonJon. Carl was missing the good old times here... (on facebook) And I said I wished we could Songfact like 14 years ago... That would be great.

A very happy New Year, my friends!!!!  I love all my Songfactors!!!!  💚 💚

On 12/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, OLD 55 said:

Thanks Carl.  As with Ron, you've always been a good friend and supported me in the ventures (not a pun) a group of Oldies undertook together.

Hope all is well with you also. Cheers ! :)

...and it's really warm to see your avatar here again, Old55!!!  :) Happy New Year everybody!   💚

On 10/25/2018 at 6:37 PM, RonJonSurfer said:

I couldn't fight nostalgia... so I surrender and I drop by sometimes wishing I'll find all the fun we had...😃

28 minutes ago, Ken said:

https://ibb.co/hDBcznR

I became a Bubba in the last year. They tell me I'm kind of a big deal.........

That is awesome, I became a Nanny 11years ago; my little man is my whole world, 

angedave23@gmail.com

IMG_3979.jpg

28 minutes ago, Ken said:

https://ibb.co/hDBcznR

I became a Bubba in the last year. They tell me I'm kind of a big deal.........

8 minutes ago, Ange said:

That is awesome, I became a Nanny 11years ago; my little man is my whole world, 

angedave23@gmail.com

IMG_3979.jpg

Edited by Ange
Added my name