All about Halloween!

Ken

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ella's going to be Jasmine, from Alladin. She's obsessed. My wife and I were thinking about being The Black Queen (me) and The King (her) from Alice In Wonderland, but I don't know. She's really tiny, and I'm way taller, so we'd like to exploit the tall woman/short man thing.

I have a difficult time believing I didn't plaster these all over the internet last year :P

My little dragon's First Halloween:

firsthalloween.jpg

100_0718.jpg

First goat :laughing:

100_0716.jpg

This year he might be Elmo...provided he can get over his completely rational and reasonable fear of the costume ;)

Wish us luck!

Every year one of our American Songfactors starts a thread about Halloween costumes/parties and every year I whine about the fact that we don't have Halloween here in Oz. This year it's no different. It's just not fair!!!!! }:( :grin: :grin: :P

Seriously though, all your kids look great in their costumes! :thumbsup:

we don't have Halloween either (even if the marketing people try to sell it nonetheless), but you won't hear me complaining... :P I'm not a fan of dressing up :P

and for the people who do like it (I think in Cologne are some :grin:), there is always the Carnival... ;)

T'was a long time ago, longer now than it seems. In a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story you are about to be told, took place in the Holiday worlds of old. Now, you've probably wondered where Holiday's come from! And if you haven't, I'd say it's time you BEGUN This is how it begins, each and every year for me. I watch this, and go out to my shed. Brush the cobwebs away, take a breath of the crisp air, unfasten the rusted lock, and re-introduce myself to my old friends.

deadguyyg7.jpg Some things require the truck to move just a few feet because of the weight, but I have the (heh heh) bodies to help me... novemberof2005036sk8.jpg They are happy to help, no one goes and loses their heads over anything guillotineei3.jpg even my Mummy helps me out. p1010079bu2.jpg We try to stay (ahem) ahead p1010238ip7.jpg of the competition. We rest when we have to p1010257pd9.jpg bring your mother-in-law, we have a chair just for her p1010071cx3.jpgmvc022sps7.jpg Come on by, we have a place for you to stay a while mvc027spc6.jpg Even Peaches came by and decided to stay mvc039stc1.jpg (Lord, I am sorry, but that was funny).

Anyhow, duty calls. resizeofthetoolsofthetradeti4.jpg . You never know... Something good may come of this....

mvc003sgv9.jpg

Boo. :jack:

Ken.

We have halloween here in NZ but its not nearly as much of a big deal as it is in America. It's pretty much just teens going around getting free lollies and throwing eggs at everyone. They don't even dress up. Lots of people here are really against halloween too. I don't really know what they have against it though.

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't a 'costume', per se, but your dessert offering will be remembered, and more importantly, talked about, for Halloween's to come..

This is for all you cooks out there looking for something a little different.........

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE! COMPLETELY EDIBLE, BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!

CAKE INGREDIENTS:

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix

1 box of white cake mix

1 package white sandwich cookies

1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix

A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"

1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape

the blunt ends into slightly curved point s. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

"Kitty Litter Cake"

poopcakeaw7.jpg

:jack:

Ken.