Favorite Non-Commercialized Song / Album Track ?

MindCrime

What's your favorite song(s) that wasn't didn't have a large listening audience, meaning that was never released as a single or played on the radio?

For me there's too many to choose from & I need to go through & sort out my collection to find a few, so I'll post it later, but two that come to mind are "The Crunge" by Led Zeppelin & "Confessin' the Blues" by Rolling Stones (I am pretty sure this one wasn't widely distributed.

I apologize if this topic has been covered before, but I found nothing significant while searching.

How about Dancing Days by Zeppelin

La Grange- ZZ Top

E-Bow The Letter- R.E.M.

Aneurysm-Nirvana

These all had significant airplay, La Grange was listed as the #6 most played song by the local classic rock station when they did a countdown on News Years, 1999. Ebow the Letter had a video which even made it on the MTV countdown back in the summer of 1996, it didn't do as well as it's followup Bittersweet Me.

"Over the Hills and Far Away" Led Zep (was released as a single but landed somewhere in the 50's. gets no airplay)

Did you know that they actually made a music video for this, before the days of MTV. I saw it on an episode of Beavis & Butthead around 10 years ago, they also used to play the actual video on VH1's Rock Show. It's a complete rarity, but Led Zeppelin were far ahead for their time.

Here in Phoenix, they play Pantera every now & then on the radio, it's usually "Cemetery Gates" or "Cowboys from Hell" though. Other parts of the country chose not to play them very little or at all, they remain a cult favorite though.

The only Living Colour song that ever gets played anymore is Cult of Personality. They used to play Funny Vibe & Middle Man occasionally back in the day, it's funny how these guys never really got the credit they deserve.

Too many to mention. Album tracks are usually the ones I gravitate to. A few that come to mind are....

"Slaves and Bulldozers" - Soundgarden

"Until the End of the World" - U2

"Raining in Baltimore" - Counting Crows

"Driven to Tears" - The Police

"Sea of Sorrow" - Alice in Chains

"If You Leave" - Train

'Trip My Wire' - Garbage (it was the b-side of one of their first singles and didn't make it to the debut album. I've got a live version of it on the bootleg 'The G-Files' and it really kicks ass).

'Parakeet' - REM (from the 'Up' album).

'Desperate Andy' and 'Fee Fi Fo' - The Cranberries (from the 'Bury The Hatchet' album).

'Easily' - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - the 'Californication' album had many hits, and this track didn't get too much attention although it probably didn't go completely unnoticed. It's my favourite track from the album.

'Nobody Home' - Pink Floyd ('The Wall' album)

'Guitar, Flute and String' - Moby ('Play' album)

'I Cover The Waterfront' - John Lee Hooker & Van Morrison ('The Best of Friends' album)

'So Fine' - Guns'N'Roses, with Duff McKagan singing (Use Your Illusion II)

'Drips' - Eminem (the highlight of 'The Eminem Show', absolutely hilarious - even better than 'Kim' from 'The Marshall Matters LP')

'Swlabr' - Cream ('Disraeli Gears')

'Sing It Again' - Beck ('Mutations')

'I Was Hoping' and 'Joining You' - Alanis Morissette ('Unplugged')

'We Do What We Can' - Sheryl Crow ('Tuesday Night Music Club')

That's enough for now...