Suicide Songs

Ange

Seems young people have levels of anxiety and depression that exceed those of previous generations. One thing about these suicide songs is that they often come with information on how to get help. The Logic song 1-800-273-8255 is the best example. That's the number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which has gotten a huge increase in call volume. We reached out to them about the impact of the song; they explained that whenever Logic performs it, they get a spike. They coordinate to make sure additional staff is on hand.

Thanks Carl; she was in her late 40's ; but depression doesn't discriminate; we were concerned about her; we tried to get help for her; but she was VERY good at putting up a front. When I heard "Chasing Cars" it expressed perfectly how she was feeling. Leaving with the perfect memories she had and not the ones that broke  her:frown:

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 4:47 AM, Ange said:

I am totally heartbroken by the amount of songs that have been about suicide!

You just never really realize do you? Please reach out if you need some one

It's not a suicide song but if I was to pass away, I would love Nick Cave to  read my Eulogy lol. My best  friend wants  Morgan  Freeman and my other friend wants James Earl  Jones.  I could listen to Nick forever, there's nothing more sexy than a well spoken person.!!!!! SORRY I had to get that out lol