Songs similar to "I Will Always Love You"?

DisneyGirl

So I'm in a quasi relationship with a guy but I need to break it off. He's a great guy and I do love him but he's an alcoholic and I just can't go forward because of that. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" is what keeps running through my head. Any similar songs out there? An "I love you and wish you nothing but the best but it just won't work so we can't be together" song?

I have always loved this song; Whitney I think was the only person who could sing this. She was unique. She owned it

On 8/22/2018 at 6:21 AM, DisneyGirl said:

So I'm in a quasi relationship with a guy but I need to break it off. He's a great guy and I do love him but he's an alcoholic and I just can't go forward because of that. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" is what keeps running through my head. Any similar songs out there? An "I love you and wish you nothing but the best but it just won't work so we can't be together" song?

"The last goodbye" by" the kills" pretty much describes that kind of relationship pretty well. I hope everything works out for you. 

• 3 weeks later...