I miss you, Fishies...

edna

I miss all of you fishies too....:frown:  It just isn't the same anymore, but I still do stop in from time to time. I miss talking about the music, songs, artists that we love and learning about new stuff from other fishies. The laughs, jokes, etc....I find that Facebook is starting to bore me. I try to post videos, quotes, songs etc... on Facebook and get very  little response...Always could count on Songfacts for some good discussions and such..

It's good to find Radhi, Carl and Laurie here...   :D  I wish we could make it work again...   :)  I still have Songfacts as my fave site, even if I go to facebook every day. It's just that my family and friends are on FB. But it would be so cool to find sammy, RonJon, Old55, carole and all the others here...

On 15/3/2018 at 4:07 AM, Carl said:

I do too. Made many deep connections and lasting relationships. This is still a good place to drop a thought, and we'll still be here. :spiky:

I have the intention to drop by more often, I could never forget about Songfacts.

I guess forums are old-skool now, but a facebook thread is no place to have a conversation. And not to forget, Facebook is evil.

My gosh where are those simple days of staying up till 3 AM as a teenager to play games with my friends from around the world on a message board. There's been a lot that's happened since then, and life is very different, but I think those were some of the deepest, truest connections I made. 

We thought about integrating everything with Facebook when pretty much everyone went over there, but doing that gives them pretty much complete control, so we kept our comment system and message boards independent. What really killed us was having to move to a new platform, which was unsettling for a lot of longtime users. These boards actually work really well, but I get why they're frustrating if they're not what you're used to. The only reason we moved is because the company went kaput, and running apps with no support rarely goes well.

On 25/03/2018 at 2:15 AM, Carl said:

We thought about integrating everything with Facebook when pretty much everyone went over there, but doing that gives them pretty much complete control, so we kept our comment system and message boards independent. What really killed us was having to move to a new platform, which was unsettling for a lot of longtime users. These boards actually work really well, but I get why they're frustrating if they're not what you're used to. The only reason we moved is because the company went kaput, and running apps with no support rarely goes well.

It's unfortunate that FB has swallowed the BB system whole - this version of the forums is definitely superior to the one we spent time on (tho of course nothing will replace the excitement of the little flashing folder we used to have), but there aren't many folks here to appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 10:44 PM, edna said:

I miss the good old times when Songfacts was the current Facebook...   :)

Hope you all are doing well.

And maybe one day Facebook will be a bore and we'll come back to our first fave site...   <3

That's a great idea Edna; I checked out of Facebook 18months ago and I don't miss it at all, I'm glad I discovered this site because its quite Interesting without the b*******ss of Facebook.  It's nice to make new friends and find out other people's interests and ideas 

3 minutes ago, Ange said:

That's a great idea Edna; I checked out of Facebook 18months ago and I don't miss it at all, I'm glad I discovered this site because its quite Interesting without the b*******ss of Facebook.  It's nice to make new friends and find out other people's interests and ideas