Looking for the latest Metal recommendations

MindCrime

I'm interested in checking out some newer Metal that isn't necessarily played on the radio, but has national / worldwide released material. Preferably with rehearsed riffs & lyrics, I prefer talented music and anything that's influenced by Pantera or Sepultera would be great! Some hardcore industrial (not the pansy stuff) from recent years would be cool too; any suggestions ? :rockon: :rockon:

Sepultura? Damn I saw them with Biohazard back in '99 :rockon: I love Roots

Seems like metal is becoming sorta underground and I could say I'm kinda out of the scene. I know this is not what you asked for but there's a band around here called Mabus and they rock violently. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me sharing their stuff.

LOL, I feel the same way at times, but I try to keep up with music. My tastes differ in just about every different form as I enjoy it all, or at least the most of it. I try to freebase my genres to coordinate with my current mood, & balance it with my emotions when necessary.

:beady:

BTW - La Ultima Hora and Floods are singles from Breed 77.

"Being a bit of a strange hybrid Breed 77 are a London based band that are originally from Gibralter [british owned place south of Spain]. As you would expect this difference in culture and inspiration makes their music sound decidedly different to the rest of the bands. Breed 77 encorporate those Spanish influences into their songs, sounding a lot like US metallers Ill Niño, who the band toured with in 2002. The first track and single to be taken from the EP, "La Ultima Hora" is a brilliant combination of Spanish acoustics, heavy metallic riffs and vocals that go from being Alice In Chains style rock to Midlle Eastern preacher man."

Try some Iron Maiden, man.

Oh wait...that 84, not 04. Oh well, I don't care. They're still my favorite metal band. The literary refernces forced me to learn when I was young.

I remember when they were puppies on the metal scene. Now, they're one of the grandfathers of metal.

Oh man, I still love Iron Maiden. It's funny how their covers look all demonic and stuff but the music and lyrics were on a higher plane. I now have from their debut to 7th Son on MP3. Same ones I had on album. I also have the Killers Eddie toy on top of my computer. Iron Maiden will never get old. :rockon:

Oh I must also add that I saw them somewhere in the 90's when Bruce went back with them. I remmember they had some guy dressed as eddie walking around the stage and Steve did the foot-on-speaker thing and pointing at people with his bass. I also learned a lot about music figuring out how to play their songs on guitar :guitar:

I just started the Powerslave album :rockon:

Is that the one that has Rime of the Ancient Mariner on it? One of their more truer masterpieces, I find it more convenient to type this out & ask, then to get up and dig it out to find out :laughing:

Yes. It's actually a poem by Samuel Coleridge. It's quite an epic. I got the book (yes, book), complete with illustrations and side bars. It's a wonderfully eerie story.

Wow, this is great. I mention Iron Maiden, and come back an hour later to see them being dicussed. I stopped listening to them for a while, right after Seventh Son. I thought they were getting a little "Synthy". I just recently went back to check on them, and Dickinson has been back for 2 albums, and I'll tell you my friends, it's pure, old school Maiden. Their latest is called Brave New World, and it's an ass kicker.

Still love the old stuff best, though.

Flight of Icarus

The Prisoner

Los'fer Words

Flash of the Blade

Sun And Steel

Hallowed be thy Name :rockon: YES!

Still Life

Iron Maiden

Two Minutes to Midnight

Aces High

Oh, man, I could go on and on.

Iron Maiden. What can I say about these guys?

1. Their Raising Hell DVD is my favourite live metal performance, hands down.

2. Bruce Dickinson, IMO, has probably the best stage presence of any metal performer.

3. I've never seen a band genuinely enjoy what they do as much, as well as being so gifted and energetic live. Watch the superb Raising Hell DVD and you'll see what I mean.

4. I love 'em.

5. Favourite CD - Fear of the Dark

A great DVD deserves more info and, if you enjoy metal as much as I, you deserve to get, see and hear this. Iron Maiden goes beyond the call of duty to provide an excellent show...

Raising Hell

I think my favorite album is a combination of those.

Sometimes I like Piece of Mind best, then it'll be Number, then Powerslave, etc.

One of the best shows I've ever seen was at Hammerlien (sp?) Hall in Germany. Motley Crue opended for them. Ity was like a big gymnasium, not seats. Well, my army buddies went in there about 8 strong and just gorillaed (is that a word?) our way to the front.

Had my hands right one the stage. It was beautiful. When Crue was done, they came and did their bow, and Tommy Lee bent over and handed me his Heinekin. If I knew about STD back then, I probably would have thought twice about drinking it.

Anyway, there's a big fight between acts, the whole crowd moving like the ocean, but we all hung tough. You get to the stage, you stay there, no matter what. So, the fight dies down, and next thing, a tap on my shoulder. Me and my buddy turn around, and there's this girl with aleopard skin body spandex thing on, holding a giant cup of beer. She had obviously used her, shall we say, womanly charm and worked her way to the stage.

So she doesn't speak english, we don't speak german, but it's obvious, she wants us to let her in front of us, to get to the stage. "Yea, right.", and we turn our backs on her. I mean, this is Maiden, man, like, 10 minutes away.

So she offers up her big cup of beer to let her in front of us, so we accept.

Then the lights go down, smoke rolls out....Churchill begins, and suddenly, I'm in the midst of Aces High, with Dickinson and Steve Harris so close, I can see that Bruce Dickinson has double knots tied in his boots. I mean we were right there,man. So, anyway, after three songs, we decided she had got her cup of beer's worth, and we tossed her up on stage. A roadie came and hauled her off, and we had our spot back. Gentlemanly? No. But this was Maiden, man.

Anyway, I came out of that show with a Tommy Lee beer bottle, a Nicko McBrain drumstick, (used, and that's important), and an Adrian Smith sweat band. Oh, and I also high fived with Dickinson maybe 1/2 dozen times. He's walk along the egde of the stage and high five everyone.

I lost the sweat band in the train station, I guess while pulling off my sweatshirt. I don't know what happened to the beer bottle. Any I bestowed my Nicko drumstick to my youngest brother, when he discovered Maiden. He's 28 now, and still displays it proudly in his office.

Actually, I don't care much for JP. I like some of their stuff, but for whatever reason, I was never really a 'fan'.

I saw them when they opened for KISS in 77 or 78, I'm not sure. KK Downing had straight white hair all the way down to his behind. I don't know if it was their first US tour or not, but they were an opening act.

If they opened then I'd be safe to say it was their first tour.

Kinda like when I saw Van Halen open for Black Sabbath.

What a show! Ozzy had on his white frilled jump suit just like the one on the cover of Volume 4. He was in great shape and not yet totally pickled from drug use. Iommi played like he was ringing a bell, wide legged stance and a smile on his face.

Ozzy has the best voice, IMO. Hearing him live that night convinced me. He doesn't have the range that some do like Dickinson or Halford but his voice is the epitome of metal.