Recommend a CD

DiggsUK

I remember this "We Came To Play" album fondly. Every song is just right. My vinyl is all gone now, but I need to get that CD.

bazooka,

:) I've had to buy 2 or 3, maybe 4 copies of certain albums/cds thru the years (probably just like you), just to keep up...

4 part harmony + lead vocal is Heaven

:bow:

Earth Angel, I too like Mosely Shoals, but I prefer that acoustic album they did of mostly Mosley Shoals songs. I can't remember the name as I haven't played either for a while, and I just know it as the 'acoustic' Mosley Shoals. If you need to know more, let me know and I will dig it out.

Regards

Earth Angel, I too like Mosely Shoals, but I prefer that acoustic album they did of mostly Mosley Shoals songs. I can't remember the name as I haven't played either for a while, and I just know it as the 'acoustic' Mosley Shoals. If you need to know more, let me know and I will dig it out.

Regards

Thanks Diggs! If you ever remember or are in the mood for a dig, I would be most interested :thumbsup:I only have Mosley Shoals and One from the modern, but they are a great band :) Is it not perhaps "Songs for the front row"?

• 1 month later...

B00004GOXS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A studio album that came out 20 years after their last one, Gaucho. It's a 9 track, 52-minute album comprising of their famous formula of combining components of jazz with the more mellow sounds of Rock. Their lyrics are a bit apart from lots of other bands who follow in their tradition. They outrightly speak of gambling, booze, and women freely and guilt-free. The vocals are and pacing are also something a bit unique in this band because there are times when you just can't figure out what he's singing without a lyrics sheet to follow along, but once you get the overall feel you'll wanna hear more from them and will be able to discern the lingo. You'll think to yourself, "Did he say 'lost wages' or 'las vegas'?" And will get the dark humour that comes with making either assumption :beatnik: I haven't really spoken of this particular album, but suffice to say, there isn't one track you will skip, so try anything at random from this selection: "almost gothic," "cousin dupree," "what a shame about me." They all flow well into a polished product that only the team of Fagen and Becker could bring to music fans :headphones:

Californication-rhcp is sooooooooooooooo good, if you havent heard it, shame on you, SHAME ON YOU!

also, Blood Sugar Sex Magik-rhcp shows them crossing over to a more rocky sound than their original funkiness. why don't you save me the time and listen to ALL the chilis albums?! they rule! :rockon: :happybanana:

Nope, because i saw them too! John Fruciante (the guitarist) was friends with Johnny Ramone and Johnny was ill at the time so he phoned up Johnny at the concert and got the whole stadium to yell, "WE LOVE YOU, JOHNNY", it was so sweet. :happybanana: