Do you think that 80S songs was the best?

Romantic Warrior

Do you think that the best songs was in the 80s, it was the period when english songs invade all the world, diffrent tongues sing by these beautiful language, but why do u think songs differ now and I canet taste it, do we have new generation of songs these years?, totally differ, what is good and what is bad?, or it just we start to be so old to taste the new songs :help:

I find myself largely ignoring the recent bands and newer songs in favor of the older (and IMO better) music.

It seems the English have an uncanny ability for great music that is popular worldwide. That however began in the 1960's (but continues still). A lot my favorite bands and artists are/were from England: the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc. etc. and unless the current music scene does a 180, I will be listening to them more than today's stuff.

Overall I'd say the 60's and 70's had the best music and artists when the British Invasion of music was at its peak but that is my opinion.

I'm not that old and I still am not really into most of today's mainstream music not that it isn't good, but I personally don't care much for it. I think everyone has their own taste and if someone doesn't like today's type of music its no big deal.

:headphones:

By the way, welcome to the boards. :)

but r u still listening to the beatles till now, or you forget them through the recent songs

Hell yeah I still listen to them :: You hear The Beatles once and they remain wit you for the rest of your life :headphones: I may not listen to them as often as I used to, but the other muzak I listen to is only a couple of years older than them. Recent music in English is a very miniscule amount of my music collection :beatnik:

If today's music is so cool why are we listening to cover version's of the 80's, 70's,60's etc the list goes on.I myself listen to the music of today and think is that it!!!With the odd exeption here and there,I think its what you like.And what I like is old school music going back to where it began. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you think that the best songs was in the 80s, it was the period when english songs invade all the world, diffrent tongues sing by these beautiful language, but why do u think songs differ now and I canet taste it, do we have new generation of songs these years?, totally differ, what is good and what is bad?, or it just we start to be so old to taste the new songs :help:
I personally love the 70's songs because I was young and wild in those days and had some wonderful times.My memories are in the songs.

Yeah, I didn't care much for the 80's, Farmer's Crisis' & tons of people were laid off from work, Reaganomics set in, New Wave Music was popular, & everyone had weird haircuts back then, the tragic lifestyle went on & on.

I do agree that the British have made better music, just look at Zeppelin, Stones, Floyd, Beatles, etc... Which brings me to another thread....