Films that "choke you up" every time you see them!

Mike

If I'm watching a movie and I "allow" myself to get really into it as I usually do - I am often moved by a tender moment! (of course- REAL MEN ARE SENSITIVE)

On most peoples list would be, -probably...

...the end of...

?It's a wonderful life-

plus

?Pay it forward

?Family Man

?The Kid (Disney's the kid)

there are others also...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE The Blob :: The 80s remake with Kevin Dillon is also good :: ::

Anyway. Back on topic...

I guess Goodbye Again counts as a film that made me sad. The ending of that film really strikes a chord with me. Here's some that I would consider as films that would make people sad:

Jean Cocteau's Orpheus.

David Lynch's The Elephant Man.

Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands.

Lasse Halstrom's My Life As A Dog.

Electric Dreams (yes! I felt sad for the freakin' computer!!!).

Cyrano De Bergerac (1950s version with Jose Ferrer).

Certain scenes from Elia Kazan's East Of Eden (not the whole movie).

that g-d chick flick Beaches! I've seen it a zillion times. I've read the book a zillion times. And I still bawl.

When Harry Met Sally-when Harry Says "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

Forrest Gump

Almost Famous

Pretty in Pink

I'm a big ole' cry baby.

I got Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris yesterday. It's one of those films where you see something new every time you see it. I didn't realize how sad it would be to be re-united with your past regrets. It's impossible as far as we know, but the idea really got me thinking...

[Léon] The Professional with Jean Reno & Natilie Portman (her starting debut). Many of the events during Matilda's troubled adolescence really get to me on each viewing. She's taken away from home, and forced to see her young siblings murdered by a revenging mob. She's taken into custody by Leon, an assassin who?s handy with a gun. He helps her evade a group of terrorists in the movie, I would recommend this to just about anybody who loves action movies, it?s one of the best from the past 20 years.

• 3 months later...

Ladyhawke - the most heart wrenching scene in the movie comes as dawn is breaking and Isabeau and the wolf form Navarre lie together. The daylight begins to spill over them and Navarre begins his transformation to man and for a brief instant they look upon each other as man and woman. The moment is fleeting and as they reach out to each other Isabeau transformation completes. Navarre's agonized scream echoes through the empty valley as he watches her fly away....

oh my god, i cry at anything! i've been known to tear up during episodes of home and away! sad, i know.

luhrmann's romeo and juliet and moulin rouge both make me cry lots, lots of others have already been mentioned. i always cry at the end of home alone! beaches, in america, titanic - definitely! pretty much anything with sad music and a theme of death or lost love will make me cry. also most movies which are related to the holocaust like la vita e bella and schindler's list etc.

my boy says i was born with too many tears for one person. i think he's right!

I will preface this by saying I am not a fan of the "chick flick"...I feel they are needlessly manipulative. But this movie slays me every time. Damned girly hormones...

"Return to Me" with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver. David's character is happily married...so of course the wife is killed in a car accident. Minnie's character has heart disease and is waiting for a heart donor. David's dead wife's heart ends up in Minnie. Of course they meet and fall in love, not knowing what has happened. How melodramatic, right? Minnie's grandfather tells David "Her heart truly beat for the first time when she met you."

Somebody pass me the friggin' Kleenex. :doh:

Ok, ok... Love Affair with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. It inspired a remake starring Warren Beatty and Anne Benning. Also inspired Sleepless In Seattle . popcorn.gif

Yep, that movie always brings tears to my wife Joann's eyes.

Me? Don't be silly. No way! grem-boohoocrying.gif Ahh, dammit. So? Stop staring at me, will ya. Something got into my eye. Damned allergy.

Ah American Beauty always makes me cry as well.

Something about not realising what you've got until it..or you are gone. How much you really do love your family until you begin to lose your grip on them.

Even the plastic bag scene makes me wail :( :puppyeyes: