Clued out????

Danielj

I posted this in Announcements, but I think it deserves a thread all on its own.

The other day I was listening to a burnt cd of mine. I let a friend of mine listen to "Goodbye To Romance" by Ozzy Osbourne.

He says "Wow! Ozzy really sounds like the lead singer of Black Sabbath" I nearly shat myself laughing :laughing: :laughing:. This guy who said that owns 3 Black Sabbath cd's.

Anyone else have any stories like that? Where some people are UNBELIEVABLY ClUeD OuT.

I have been in that situation a few times, but a few that I recall immediately, a friend of mine didn't believe me that "See Emily Play" was a Pink Floyd song, I had to prove it to him by showing him the song on the back of the CD cover & he thought it was a different CD.

I also had an ex girlfriend, who didn't believe me that "Dream On" was by Aerosmith, it came on the radio one night while we were out driving around. Since it doesn't entirely sound like Steven Tyler's voice, we wounded up debating on it, until the song was over & the DJ announced that it was them. It was actually a good thing, because it bought me some time from arguing about something I had done before that happened. ;)

I was watching TV with my friend once and someone was talking about how they like Nirvana and then my friend goes "Yea i liked Nirvana, but they havent come out with anything new in a long time". I just looked at her and couldnt believe that out the hundreds of people who still cry about Kurt, she hadnt even have heard the news yet.

This doesnt have anything to do with music, but I got in an argument with this guy about whether a plane hit the pentagon on 9/11. He was trying to tell me it was a bomb, not a plane. Mind you, this conversation was just about a week ago.

This doesnt have anything to do with music, but I got in an argument with this guy about whether a plane hit the pentagon on 9/11. He was trying to tell me it was a bomb, not a plane. Mind you, this conversation was just about a week ago.

I have had the same argument with a guy I work with. In this case he had evidence to back it up......some propaganda he found on the internet along with other ridiculous statements from that day. I argued with him how could he believe such nonsense but even today he still swears by it. I am sure your friend has seen similiar sites. I think it's a shame when folks puts junk like this on these propaganda sites. These sites only insult the memories of the victims of 9/11.

- I had been a fan of Depeche Mode for many years and I didn't know Martin L. Gore sang most of my favourite songs by them. The guy has been pure genius since then ::

- I had the same problem thinkin "Dream On" wasn't by Aerosmith =:P

- Ultravox was the mastermind of John Foxx and not Midge Ure. Midge Ure brought all the band's hits.

- I didn't know Rush was a Canadian band at first :P