Leonard Cohen Has Died

Carl

It appears that Leonard Cohen has passed away. One of the truly great songwriters of his time, he made the kind of music that merits discussion, which made him a Songfacts favorite. His most famous song, by far, is "Hallelujah," which has consistently been one of the most-discussed and analyzed.

Details aren't out yet, but he just released and album called You Want It Darker. It's hard to tell if the album is informed by his parting, as he's always written about mortality and religion.

The MASTER.

He actually died on November 7th.

I felt sorry for other rock icons of mine... yet Cohen was like my Godfather.

I always said I'd save my tears for him.

And the fact he was Jew makes him my brother.

I heard him for the first time in 1971. I loved him through all those years. I really loved him. Saw him live eight times but never had the chance to kiss his hands.

• 2 years later...
On 11/11/2016 at 3:13 PM, Carl said:

It appears that Leonard Cohen has passed away. One of the truly great songwriters of his time, he made the kind of music that merits discussion, which made him a Songfacts favorite. His most famous song, by far, is "Hallelujah," which has consistently been one of the most-discussed and analyzed.

Details aren't out yet, but he just released and album called You Want It Darker. It's hard to tell if the album is informed by his parting, as he's always written about mortality and religion.

Best Version of Hallelujah ever recorded