Rush In London

Denmark Street

I know there are a few Rush fans who are regulars here, so I thought this might interest them.

Went to see your boys at Wembley Arena last night. First, I have to say that I am certainly not a fan of theirs, In fact, the only song I know is 'Spirit of Radio' ( I think its called) that was a hit many years ago, and I never liked that much.

But a work acquaintance had a spare ticket, offered it to me, and as I wasn't doing anything else...you know the rest.

And I have to admit I was impressed. Still not really my scene, but they put on a damn good show and I can see why they are still popular after all these years.

But the lead singer's voice....ouch!.

...ha-ha You know DS if I had a nickel for every time I heard "Geddy's voice sounds like a broken kazzoo" I'd be buying Bill Gates a theme park for his birthday!

But it's like Bob Dylan, many people wonder why he started singing, did he not know how to paint fences?

It's an acquired thing I guess (that or all us Rush fans are friggin' tone deaf).. I dunno. But it's just the way it is.

In my humble opinion though, his voice early on was a little grating, he seemed to mellow out after the first couple albums and it's gotten better ever since. (IMHO)

Though the show is awesome, a little humour, a lot of music and they have a great relationship that shows brightly in their performance!

Eeh, it takes me back. I saw Rush at Wembley Arena back in 1979 I think it was, during their 'Moving Pictures' tour. As teenagers three of us cycled 10 miles to Ipswich (I lived down there at the time), got a train to London, saw the show, got the 'milk' train back again and rode back the 10 miles in the dark without lights wearing our tour tee-shirts like the rock gods we were!

Funnily enough both the lads got in contact through Friends Reunited recently. One sells insurance and the other drives a truck. Both remembered the concert. Good times!

Regards