Prince Passes Away

Ken

Shocking and devastating. Prince to me was the sweet spot where '70s soul met modern hip-hop in a beautiful union. His live show was one of the best I've ever seen - a life-changing, inspirational experience. It was like he was put here to lift us up and help us discover our higher powers.

A small part of me holds out hope that he is doing some elaborate piece of performance art, faking his death to assume a more mortal identity. It is something he would do.

prince1.thumb.jpg.9adf004ffc735aeb7fda68

Heavy on the heart. I'm 52 now. I was 22 in August of 1986 when Kelly and I moved in together. A small 1 bedroom apartment in a 3 story apartment building. Landlord came down and asked us to turn down the stereo, and it was Prince, "I Would Die 4 U". This one hurts so damn much.

on this somewhat ordinary day in the spring of 1983, I just started a new job at an auto parts store, this song came on the radio, again, they'd been playing it all week, but suddenly I looked over at a female coworker and i started in ....."little red corvette. then she sang it with me ..""baby you're much too fast. ...little red corvette ...you need a love that's gonna last" it was infection, soon a customer joined in, there was like 5 of us by songs end.

that day now has a much more profound place in my musical memories of life