Going through changes lyrics?

Woodman59

I'm sure I've heard a song - I thought it was Diana Ross, but I'm not sure...where a line in the chorus goes 'going through changes'. At one point it repeats 'changes', and then goes up a key, if I remember, right. 

I've looked through all the obvious Diana Ross songs, but it's none of those. It's quite up tempo without being a disco beat. 

Thanks Carl - I've been working through a lot more of her songs to find it...but no joy. Maybe it wasn't Diana - but can't think who else it would have been that would have sounded so similar. It was a very clear voice similar to on "Do you know", but more upbeat without being disco.

Edited by Woodman59
I've played the key bit of the tune here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Q8rQgXN3kKM1djRFNsbzlWODg/view?usp=sharing

Hi Ron - intriguing. The voice sounds rather similar, but I'm sure the one I have in mind didn't have a disco beat. It's for a community music project where the concept of going through personal change will be a perennial theme, so all such possibilities may well be used. I've provided a link for a fragment for what I remember of the tune - tried to upload it directly but even these few secs are too big!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Q8rQgXN3kKM1djRFNsbzlWODg/view?usp=sharing

Hi Deek - thank you so much! 

That's the one...I obviously only had a vague connection with the lyrics - and they aren't quite what I had imagined, but it's such a relief to have identified it now. 

Not quite correct for the theme I had in mind just at the moment but definitely an interesting song in its own right and one I think we can use in future as insecurity and anxiety will be important topics to address. 

This therapeutic project is requiring me to look closely at lyrics as never before!