Story of Beatles Manager Coming to the Big Screen

Brad_M

The life and story of Brian Epstein will be brought to the big screen in the new movie, The Fifth Beatle.

Producer and former American Idol judge Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment and IM Global are set to co-produce the feature film, which will shine a spotlight on the life of the late Beatles manager. Epstein died of a drug overdose in August, 1967, at age 32.

The movie’s screenplay is based on an adaptation of the graphic novel written by Vivek Tiwary, which tells the story of how Epstein discovered the Beatles in a cellar in Liverpool and turned them into superstars.

Variety reports producers Tiwary and Cowell, and IM Global founder and CEO Stuart Ford, have already secured a deal with Sony/ATV Publishing for the use of Beatles music in the film.

“I have always been fascinated by Brian Epstein — and his story,” Cowell said in a statement. “He played a huge role in the Beatles’ incredible success -– and, I believe, remains the most talented manager ever. Yet his story has never been fully told. Also, like everyone across the world, I have so much respect for the Beatles and their music. So to be given the chance to be involved in this project was one I just could not pass up.”

Article credit: ABC Radio