Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #409

Welcome to the...

sfc1-1.png

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate up to three songs that haven't made the Top Ten before ...
Limit one song per artist, per person, and no more than 2 by any artist total please.

Important!
* Before nominating:

Check the Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten by Artist and by Song lists to be sure the songs you are nominating have not made the list already.

Both lists are pinned topics in this forum.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted; 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten for that week.

• nominatenowtrans_zps4e6be628.gif

• Brad_M pinned this topic

Every Morning ~ Sugar Ray (1999)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqU1pFRqYE

One Thing ~ Finger Eleven (2003)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQO1fj1MJU

Forever In Blue Jeans ~ Neil Diamond (1979) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLWF_ItzYs

​Laurie, you posted twice "One Thing". I posted the link for Neil Diamond. ;)

Yet the link for Neil Diamond sends me to Songfacts...

Wit... I bet you dedited your post at the same time I did... :D

Edited by edna

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the longest we've ever had to keep nominations opened. It's been open 3 and 1/2 weeks and we still only have 7 nominators.

I see some members who have nominated in the past year or two, signed in from time to time, but they don't nominate or play any of the other games anymore. Even some moderators haven't logged-in in ages. People are slowly disappearing.

Seems like facebook is getting most of the attention, instead. Oh, well. Que Sera, Sera (as Doris Day would say).

Us few die-hards will keep the message board alive but it's hard to keep the Top Ten alive with so few nominations. We may have to retire it.

I'm even posting reminders on Facebook. I might send private messages to some of the nominators... Yet I guess we can carry on with... seven nominators?  I hope this is going to keep on. We love the Top and it's a good way to get songs into the data base...

You know, you're right, edna. So what if we only have 7 nominators. We still get to listen to some cool tunes that we haven't heard in a while or songs that we may have never heard if it wasn't for the Top Ten game.

We don't need lots of songs to have fun playing and listening to great music. The voting will be easier but the fun and the exposure to to the music will be plenty.

I'm running with it as is. I will post the nominations we have tomorrow morning sometime. No need to beg people to play.

Thanks for the morale boost, Edna. :) I was beginning to feel down, not only about the Top Ten, but about the Songfacts message board in general, because so many people rarely post anything anymore. Facebook is getting all the attention these days, but you just gave me a renewed attitude that says "So what? Whether many or a few, we will keep the Songfacts message board alive with the sound of music.  :thumbsup:

• Brad_M unpinned this topic