The Who Concert Video Capturing 1982 Shea Stadium Show Due Out in June

Brad_M

In October 1982, The Who played a historic two-night stand at Shea Stadium in New York City in support of the band’s then-new album, It’s Hard. Now, for the first time ever, a concert film capturing the full second show of the British rock legends’ Shea engagement will be made available as a DVD, standard-definition Blu-ray, and digital video.

Live at Shea Stadium 1982 will be released June 30, featuring restored footage and newly mixed audio. The Who’s 25-song set included a selection of classic songs, new tunes from It’s Hard, and various gems from the band’s back catalog. The group also played a cover of “Twist and Shout” as an homage to The Beatles‘ famous 1960s concerts at Shea.

The concert, held on October 13, 1982, was part of The Who’s last North American tour to feature drummer Kenney Jones, who took over for Keith Moon after he passed away in 1978.

You can watch a preview clip from the show of The Who performing “Love Reign O’er Me,” now on YouTube.

Here is the full track list for the Live at Shea Stadium 1982 video:

“Substitute”
“I Can’t Explain”
“Dangerous”
“Sister Disco”
“The Quiet One”
“It’s Hard”
“Eminence Front”
“Behind Blue Eyes”
“Baba O’Riley”
“I’m One”
“The Punk and the Godfather”
“Drowned”
“Tattoo”
“Cry if You Want”
“Who Are You”
“Pinball Wizard”
“See Me Feel Me”
“Love Reign O’er Me”
“Long Live Rock”
“Won’t Get Fooled Again”
“Young Man Blues”
“Naked Eye”
“I Saw Her Standing There”
“Summertime Blues”
“Twist and Shout”

Article credit: ABC Radio

A few weeks back Rolling Stone ran a very interesting interview with Pete Townshend. I never knew this, but he truly hates performing. Proof that you don't have to love what you do to be good at it.