Fantasy Baseball 2015

CanAm

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back, Ron! You're not messing up Laurie, since you figured out how to rectify the error.

It will seem odd not to have Kevin and Carole on boared this year, since they both know their baseball.

I just created a head-to-head league this year, but if there is enough interest, we can always add a points league.

No worries Laurie. It's just cuz the league remembers your previous team name. Happened to me one year. I was worried too :couch:

Delete the old team. It'll go away & your fantasy account will be replaced with your new team name. It's silly but I guess it's supposed to be more "convenient" for people playing every year. Less set-up.

Other than playing directly against 1 SFer at a time it's about the same. Just keep your line-up set up for the teams playing & players who are active that day (you'll find that moving pitchers around is the majority of movent)

Just trying to beat the other team is the goal. Other teams pts don't matter except your opponent for the week.

If you're at the SF draft in 2 days then you can just pick him. If you won't be taking part in the draft then edit your "auto-draft" list so the Yahoo draft will pick him for you (unless someone else drafts him ahead of you).

If someone else takes him then you'll have to trade & now that everyone knows you "want him!" they'll make you give up a great player! :laughing:

Actually, I don't think anyone would be that cruel :smirk:

For all you East Coast Songfactors I apologize for the late hour of the draft. If you want, I can try to move it back an hour.

Laurie, if you don't plan to participate in the live draft, I encourage you to edit your pre-draft rankings. You can create a list of preferred players, like David Wright. It will improve your chances of getting the players you want.

Again, if you would like to live draft and the draft hour is too late, I can change the hour. For that matter, I can change the day also. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll leave the draft as it is.

Mind you, the auto draft worked fine for Phil last year. I just like to draft myself because I don't always agree with Yahoo's player rankings.

Choo Choo is in. I've never done a live draft before. Do I just log in on Tuesday at 7?

Phil, what time zone are you in? I'm in the mountain time zone, so, for me, the draft begins at 8 my time. If you are on the east coast, the draft won't begin until 10 pm. Since not everyone will be doing the live draft, the draft should take about 45 minutes. Make sure your computer has the appropriate software to allow you to live draft. My tablet doesn't have the right software, so I have to draft on my desktop or my son's laptop. If you want to find to find out if your computer is compatible, you can run a test or do a mock draft on Yahoo. Ray is right. Just go to the league about 15 or 20 minutes prior to the draft. About 5 minutes before the draft, you will receive a prompt to go to the draft lobby. Once there you just wait until it's your turn to draft.

I'm not sure how the draft order is determined, but it really doesn't matter. I've done many mock drafts and the order doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

If you want me to change the draft time, please let me know today. The time chosen is always based on Pacific Standard Time.

Hello, everyone. I've changed the draft from today at 7pm PDT to Thursday (March 26) at 7pm PDT. Carl hasn't registered yet and so we have an odd number of teams which doesn't work for the head to head format. I'll PT Carl and ask him to register. If he is unable to do so, I'll register a second team to round out the numbers so the draft can proceed. Sorry for the inconvenience.