New Look Comin'

Carl

Fusion served us well, but it's time to move on to new message board software. Same great posts and people, but new look and different functionality.

We expect a few bumps, but we're doing everything we can to make sure as much as possible translates over when we do the move. :afro:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I also remember "The Big One." Took years of therapy to recover :content:

This one should be a lot better. We've built a sandbox and are testing, and it's going pretty well. A lot of it is Zhivko and me learning setting and features.

There will be some bumps, but the conversion process is a lot smoother than last time we tried, and other Fusion boards have made the switch successfully. Getting closer...

I think Edna's getting senile in her old age. First it was 700, then 400 or so, now it's 4000. :laughing:

We'd still love ya, Edna, even if you only had one post. :inlove:

Apr. 2015:

I'm sure it will be smooth... ;)

I still remember how the server litterally ate some 4.000 posts of mine... :laughing: i would have been nearer of my 50.000 posts... :D

Jun. 2008:

Wow, Songfacts Great Server Crash of January, 2005 is a date we all remember... :stars: :stars: : We were lost!! E-mailing each other and suffering and so... :P I remember we posted all our e-mails when the boards came back to normal, just in case we had another crash... the withdrawal was terrible :doh:

UncleJoe, I remember you lost many posts... Radhi and Peachy too. I lost some 400 or so. I lost my original registration date as well.

Oct. 2005:

Thank you, Katie!! :):) I wouldn't be around if not for people like you and all my SF friends so my 11zillion posts (plus over 700 the ex-server ate ;) ) are dedicated to all of you.

I love you, my friends!!! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Aug. 2005:

The server ate 700 of my posts during the last mess, but I post at such a speed that I didn´t even noticed it... :: If I get to be a shark will I get a free T-shirt or a warm message from the Administration? Don´t I deserve the "Speedfish" status?:beatnik:

nah, I´ m joking, I´m happy just to have the site working.