Fantasy Rock Supergroup

audioslave

Back in the 70's I thought that Bad Company and Led zeppelin should get together and make some killer music... then Paul Rogers and Jimmy Page formed the Firm. Lately there have been two supergroups I've been obsessed with ...first (my screen name should give this away) is Audioslave (Soundgarden and Rage against the Machine) and Velvet Revolver (STP and GNR). My thread then is what would your fantasy supergroup be? Some of my thoughts on the subject: (They can be from any time or space)

Robert Smith and Metallica

Smashing Pumpkins with Pink Floyd

Queen and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young and Cobain

You get the idea. :rockon:

Robert Smith and Metallica

That would be scary & I couldn't see it happening, but interesting nonetheless.

A few that I would like to see or have seen...

The Doors w/ Jimi Hendrix

Deep Purple & Steppenwolf

Rush & Yes

Depeche Mode & U2

Alice in Chains & Soundgarden (they actually did do a collaboration with the Mudhoney frontman called Alice Mudgarden, but they could've done a better song)

Soad & Rammstein

It was Pearl Jam & Soundgarden & I think they had somebody else in there. They were a tribute band to the late Mother Love Bone lead-singer (which was a band that a few of the members of Pearl Jam were a part of). They had a few good songs off of their album. Many grunge groups collided for different projects.

They had nobody else in there. It was more a collaboration between Love Bone (Stone Gossard + Jeff Ament) and Soundgarden (Chris Cornell + Matt Cameron). They added a Seattle-guitar-hopeful (Mike McCready) and a San Diego-based surfer and talented singer (Eddie Vedder). After the album, the group (without the SG-members) continued working, first under "Mookie Blaylock", then "Pearl Jam".

My dream collaboration: RUSH with Phil Rudd. No, this was a joke.