Van Halen's new Live album release 03/31/2015

Brad_M

Van Halen to Release Its First Live Album Featuring David Lee Roth Next Month

Van Halen is set to release its first-ever live album that features original frontman David Lee Roth. The trustworthy fan site Van Halen News Desk reports that Tokyo Dome Live In Concert, a record that documents a show the band’s current lineup — Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, drummer Alex Van Halen and bassist Wolfgang Van Halen — played in June 2013 in the Japanese capital, will hit stores on March 31.

The album will be available as a two-CD set, a four-LP vinyl package and a digital download. Among the collection’s 23 tracks are plenty of classic Van Halen tunes from Roth’s original tenure with the group, including “Runnin’ With The Devil,” “Dance The Night Away,” “Hot For Teacher,” “Panama,” “Unchained” and “Jump.” In addition, Tokyo Dome Live In Concert also includes selections from the band’s latest studio effort, 2012’s A Different Kind Of Truth, plus a number older gems such as “Romeo Delight” and “Mean Street.” The album was mixed by acclaimed studio engineer Bob Clearmountain and mastered by Chris Bellman.

Van Halen’s only other official concert album, Live: Right Here, Right Now, came out in 1993 and featured Sammy Hagar on lead vocals.

Meanwhile, remastered versions of Van Halen’s 1978 self-titled debut album and their landmark 1984 studio effort 1984 also will be released on March 31. Both albums have sold more than 10 million copies in the U.S. The remastered collections will be sold on CD, high-quality vinyl and digitally, while deluxe four-CD and six-LP sets gathering together Tokyo Dome Live In Concert, Van Halen and 1984 also will be available that day.

Remastered editions of the four other Roth-era Van Halen studio albums — 1979’s Van Halen II, 1980’s Women And Children First, 1981’s Fair Warning and 1982’s Diver Down — are due out later in the spring.

Here is the complete Tokyo Dome Live In Concert track list:

“Unchained”

“Runnin’ With The Devil”

“She’s The Woman”

“I’m The One”

“Tattoo”

“Everybody Wants Some!!”

“Somebody Get Me A Doctor”

“Chinatown”

“Hear About It Later”

“(Oh) Pretty Woman”

“Me & You” (Drum Solo)