Threads?

Aisha

I hate to sound ignorant but I have no clue about threads. Exactly what are they and how do they work. This the first forum/message board I've ever used and I really haven't chatted either. Thanks in advance for any help you all might have. I really enjoy this! :help:

I hate to sound ignorant but I have no clue about threads. Exactly what are they and how do they work. This the first forum/message board I've ever used and I really haven't chatted either. Thanks in advance for any help you all might have. I really enjoy this! :help:

Welcome to Songfacts, Aisha.

A forum takes a bit of time to navigate well, learn the UBB code and generally become accustomed to this relatively new way of life. No question you could ever ask should be thought by you as ignorant. You will come to find that there are many helpful people here.

A thread is the lifeblood of a forum. It is what I'm replying to right now. A thread is what we're in as I type these words.

You must be a lucky person to pick Songfacts as your first forum. But I warn you, it's very addicting, at least for me.

Looking forward to seeing more "threads" as well as posts by you.

Thank you so much for you reply. Since I've been reading this forum your posts have been thoughtful and I know what you mean about them being addicting. I just started posting this weekend! I have a heavy load this semester and should have been studying but I rationalized this by saying 'it's Labor Day Weekend so I should enjoy me break'. I have to get serious though tomorrow. I have several chapters to read and I'm writing a paper that is due next Monday. I actually found the Songfacts website because of an column in the Malboro magazine last March. I've been there several times but have never read the message board link til the other day. I am suprised at the insight you gain by reading other peoples opinions/banter. I will have to limit myself to maybe 30min to an hour a day or I could get very behind. Thank you again, you seem like a wonderful person (Even if I don't always know who you are talking about) ;)

P.S. How does the quoting thing work?

P.S. How does the quoting thing work?

The easiest way is to simply hit "quote" and this will quote the entire reply of the poster you are replying to. Also if I do this

. The space in between is where you can copy and paste just a portion of a reply for a more dramatic post. This is what I did in this post to quote you.

My suggestion is to practice a bit. When you are making a post, be sure to preview your post before you submit. This way you will know if you are doing it right.

Don't be afraid to experiment and learn the features and don't be scared to make a mistake. You can edit at anytime within six hours of making your post.

Like I said, there are many here that will help you. Your enthusiasm is very welcomed and I assure you your learning experience here will be an enjoyable one. Now, try quoting me and see what happens. Just go to quote instead of reply. Then make your reply outside of the box. Try it. :)

Also, when you look at your reply in the white box, you will see the word quote in square brackets at the beginning of the quote you are quoting and the word quote with a forward slash at the end. This is the code for quoting and you can do this for only a portion of a quote instead of the entire quote.

Now, I'm certain that you aren't confused but I'm going batty trying to explain this.

Just see what happens and we'll go from there. :) I'm thinking if you hit quote and look at my reply then it will make better sense.