Beautiful - The Carole King Musical

RonJonSurfer

I am hitting Times Square and Broadway a night early this year. Going to see Beautiful - The Carole King Musical on Broadway tomorrow. Will check out the store window decorations like Macy's. Go to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. Grab something to eat and head to the show.

By the way I live close enough to New York City that I can see the skyline from my town, but I've never gone to Times Square on New Year's Eve...we'll leave that to the tourists and the ghosts of Guy Lombardo and Dick Clark.

How was the musical? I don't blame you for not going into the city on New Year's Eve. I prefer being in my warm house in my PJ's eating crap and watching movies than standing for hours in the cold with no bathroom surrounded by drunk strangers.

How far are you from NYC Laurie? I know it's a good hike from Northern NY State. Taking traffic out of the equation I can be in Midtown Manhattan in 25 minutes. that includes driving east to the NJ Turnpike, heading north and over to the Lincoln Tunnel, then through the tunnel. I might be able to get downtown a few minutes faster using the Holland Tunnel. It takes a little more time to get Uptown via the George Washington Bridge.

No excuses for me to miss the sights.