What Should The West Do About Isil?

CanAm

Hate to say it, CanAm: every country is still violent due to bigotry & hatred. It's taken a long time for us to accept other peoples beliefs, lifestyles, etc, but there are still many who die because of the color of their skin or what god they worship. It's not as bad as it was 100 years ago, but it may take that long in the middle east. Even after Hitler was destroyed people continued to carry on his philosophies.

Hatred and violence is human nature. We are a self-destructive animal. With no natural predators we must destroy ourselves to keep our population at a tolerable number.

Not a nice thing to say, but it's my take on humanity.

I guess I'm not that cynical. You can't possibly compare what we have in Europe, North America and Australia with the situation in the Middle East. In the Middle East, racism and misogyny are ingrained and institutionalized. Christianity and Judaism have evolved, unlike Islam which is still mired in the Middle Ages. Violent, and intolerant people will always be with us. But in our society they comprise a very small percentage of the population and their abhorrent views are widely repudiated and their violent acts are punished. In the Middle East (Israel excepted)

archaic views, barbaric cultural practices and violence are the norm.

The only way Israel will have any degree of security is to expel all Muslims from Israel and build a security wall around the country much as various Chinese dynasties built the Great Wall to protect China from Mongolian invaders.

Any sympathy I had for the Palestinians, evaporated many years ago.

You're welcome, my dear.

At many Canadian universities, Pro Palestinian and anti-Israel groups are popping up like weeds. Last week a group of McMaster University students launched a reprehensible campaign called "hug a terrorist". In an abhorrent and misguided attempt to portray terrorists as freedom fighters, these fools are only displaying their idiocy, hatred and bigotry for all the world to see. When Israel defends itself from barbarous attacks, these morons portray Israel as the aggressor. In their twisted minds, they have turned murder and acts of terror into acts of valour and the depraved perpetrators of these acts into freedom fighters.

Unfortunately, university administrations largely turn a blind eye to the abhorrent rants of these groups despite Canadian laws which prohibit hate-speech.

The president and CEO of The Friends Of Simon Wiesenthal Center For Holocaust Studies found the following message posted on his Facebook page the other day: "It is your unjust and terrorist ways that have people hating you. To support Zionist Israel is inhuman. I am sick of your atrocities and war mongering that I think the only way to get peace in the Middle East is to blow up Israel."

The Palestinians are indeed oppressed. But Israel is not their oppressor. They are oppressed by their own murderous leaders and their hatred, ignorance and bigotry.

It appears that many people learned nothing from The Holocaust. It appears that anti-semitism is alive and well in Canada and, I suspect, Europe and The United States as well.

It is time for the silent majority to speak up and denounce these repugnant views. And for those who espouse these same views I have but one message. Get the hell out of this country and go join the like-minded hate mongers in the Middle East.