NFL Trash Talk

CanAm

How does Jay Cutler collect a pay cheque? He is the worst QB in the NFL. With all the amazing offensive weapons at his disposal (Forte, Marshall, Bennett and Jeffery) he continues to stink. When will the Bears give up on this guy?

The Bears right now have to be the worst team in the league. They make the Jags look good. As for the most overrated team in the league, that honour goes to the Seahawks. Their vaunted defense is a sieve right now. And Russell Wilson is wildly inconsistent. If they played the Broncos today they would be annihilated. Seattle fans can kiss a Superbowl repeat goodbye.

Denver is the class of the league. Unless they experience some injuries to key players, I think they've got the Superbowl wrapped up.

I like the way the Packers have played recently, but because of their defense and their inconsistent offensive line, I can't see them going deep in the playoffs even with the best QB in the game (with all due respect to the great Peyton Manning).

Their run defense is poor, and their DB's are undersized and take too many chances.

I think the Colts could surprise a few people. Andrew Luck improves with each game and is already an elite QB and the defense is better than many people think.

What has happened to Antonio Gates? Did he discover the fountain of youth? He's the best tight end in the league this year and he wasn't even rated as a top ten TE by many experts this year. He has tremendous chemistry with Rivers which certainly doesn't hurt.

Is Zac Stacey old news now? Tre Mason certInly seems to be the more explosive runner.

If you would like to weigh in on these or other issues, please do. All opinions are welcome.

The Chargers are the team I cheer for after my beloved Packers. Your faith is not misplaced, Shawna! With Rivers, Gates and Oliver/ Edwards leading the way, they will make the playoffs. The defense is a little banged up right now, but they are still one of the league's better teams.

Edited by Guest

The Cowboys losing to the Redskins in Dallas had me thinking that my Cardinals (who are currently tied with Broncos for 1st place, woo-hoo!) won't have as difficult of a time playing them on Sunday , but it will still be very challenging. Both the Cowboys and Skins had to resort to backup quarterbacks that both couldn't cut it in Cleveland, but Weeden still managed to out perform Romo while he was being evaluated.

Cutler may lead his team to defeat game after game, but somehow he has amazing fantasy football numbers! This makes me think it's more than Cutler alone losing games. I may be mistaken, but isn't the Bears defence one of the worst this year?

No matter what: Bears suck this season.

Seahawks: over-rated. Agreed.

Arizona (no-name brand) offensive line: amazing & under-rated. Palmer is a QB that's been left for dead for quite some time. But with his great O-line giving him time he's able to make sweet passes. Arizona has very little run-game, but yards on the ground are created by this front 5.

Don't look now... Big Ben & his Black n' Gold crew are getting into a groove. My fave team will make waves. They won't get to SB, but will affect the records & standings of other teams & divisions.

Just sayin'...

I agree with you about the Steelers, Ray. They could play spoiler this year. Now that Big Ben is getting time in the pocket, he's able to effectively utilize his great receiving corps.

I'm still not sold on the Cardinals. I think the wheels will come off one of these days. But keep in mind my prognostications so far have been crap (I refer you to my opening post). :blush: :(

I'm not saying the Cards as a whole are great. Just the offensive line. 5 guys no one has ever heard of working so well together. If it weren't for them Palmer would be the most sacked QB in the league. No team should be able to throw on nearly every down & have a living QB. Every team knows Cards can't run so they pass rush & blitz consistently but can't reach Palmer as much as they should. Palmer will start to get picked off more when teams realise there's no way through the O-line so they double cover every receiver & only rush 3.

Not playoff bound. Defence wins championships :wink: :thumbsup:

What's up with Miami? They have looked like world beaters recently. Their defense has been first rate, and Tannehill is beginning to look like the real deal despite having a mediocre corps of receivers.

If Foles ends up missing a number of games, I wonder how Mark Sanchez will fare? I just can't get very enthusiastic about any team that has to rely on Sanchez to put points on the board. Still, Philly does have a stout defense (usually) and they have some pretty formidable offensive weapons.

Last I heard Foles is done for the season with a broken clavicle (shoulder) & Sanchez is taking over. I was watching the game when Sanchez was thrown in cuz of Foles injury & he did really good. The coaches didn't change their approach or play calls for Sanchez's benefit. It was up to him to adjust to the playbook designed for Foles. He did fine with it.

CanAm in Fantasy Football thread: "I'll be more than happy to draft for you, Ray. I'll make sure to draft as many Cleveland players for you as I can since they're sure to be an offensive powerhouse this year. :smirk: "

If you had done this then I wouldn't be in this mess!! :laughing:

Seeing as you didn't, I will be forced to take you up on your offer. :beatnik: :goof:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

cards-andrea3.jpg

Break out the pom-poms. The Cards just might be for real!

:grin: :googly:

They have Seattle twice for last part of season, but that should be their only tough games. Crazy NFL this season. Browns, Bengals, Chiefs = fighting chance! Saints, Chargers, Broncos = struggling squads.

wth?? :stars:

My beloved Packers are on fire, but what the hell has happened to the Chargers? The offensive front line is a sieve right now and Rivers can't seem to do much right. The running game has dried up and the defense has not performed to it's capabilities. I think Shawna summed it up nicely. Sigh!!!