Help finding a song (pleaseandthankyou)

Shawna

Yesterday while driving through BFE southwest Arizona, listening to a random radio station, a great song came on that sounded a lot like Glenn Frey (the Eagles) singing. Style was similar to a mid-tempo Eagles song. I've no clue even what the approximate age of the song would be, since immediately before it was a song from the '60s and the one right after it I would place in the '50s, if even that.

The only line I remember - because my memory is AWFUL and I desperately wanted to remember SOMETHING from it - is "Here's my heart, you can break it."

The gist was a guy telling a girl here's this, here's that, do whatever you want good or bad just as long as you DO something (he was, um, lusting after her... You get the drift...)

THANK YOU for finding it!!! Because I know someone will... You are all soooo awesome. :grin:

It's not that song, Chutzpah, but you've got the idea, the tempo is perfect and the style is exactly what I'm looking for.

Forget about the "lust" part of it. That may just be my interpretation. It definitely sounded like a Glen Frey voice, though. Hell, maybe it's an old Eagles song I've never heard (is that possible)? :grin:

Thanks for searching, gang! Please continue to look. This will make me bananas one day if I don't ever hear it again...

I thought about that... and immediately realized I have no clue what the station was. I was driving down a backroad in southeast AZ. The exact area I can't even remember. Lot of Hispanic stations there, this was one that was playing English-speaking music. I'd have to go back out there and drive around some more and try to plug into that same station. It's at least 4 hours' drive. I don't need to know the song that bad. :laughing:

My memory sucks too, Shawna. From the first post I thought I recognised those lyrics (but couldn't think of what song it's from) but I was wondering if the other lyrics went something like: here's my soul, you can take it... here's my love, never faked it...

Rough idea of lyrics I'm thinking of (can't find the song though) but perhaps may jog your memory or help others. If this doesn't seem like anything you heard that day then we know what NOT to look for! :laughing: :wink:

I was thinking perhaps J.D. Souther whose voice sometimes reminds me a bit of Glenn Frey. I have two of Glenn Frey's solo albums but I couldn't find a song with the lyric you mentioned. I also thought of Jackson Browne, but again I couldn't find any songs like the one you mentioned. Not much help I'm afraid.

• 1 month later...