Robin Williams

Rayzor

Robin Williams, the Academy Award winner and comic supernova whose explosions of pop culture riffs and impressions dazzled audiences for decades and made him a gleamy-eyed laureate for the Information Age, died Monday in an apparent suicide. He was 63.

more

:(

One of my favourite roles that Williams played is in One Hour Photo, it is such an intense part and a big departure from his comedic routes. His role in Insomnia was also quite a different role, both films were released in 2002. His role in World's Greatest Dad (2009) is also a fantastic piece of acting.

May he rest in peace.

:bow: :thumbsup: :bow:

I don't know that there's ever been anything I've seen Robin Williams in that I didn't like, comedic, serious, commercials, videos, stand up, TV shows, any and all. The world lost a true genius, if a gentle and tortured soul. I hope he finds his happy place.

For a comedian to be respected and befriended by the genius of comedy Jonathan Winters is a big deal. That loss must have hurt a great deal.

I'll always remember his off the wall craziness. How he was able to keep himself composed for his dramatic roles I'll never know.

RIP Mr. Williams

It's very sad that such a talented comedian who endeared himself to millions of people around the world was unable to conquer his personal demons. It isn't surprising though that a man so adept at losing himself in his many movie and television characters was successfully able to hide the depths of his despair from so many people close to him.

Depression is still a very misunderstood ailment and not nearly enough money is devoted to research into this debilitating illness. I've dealt with depression for years

but caring health professionals and a loving family have helped me navigate troubled waters. It's so sad that Robin Williams was unable to get the help he needed.

He was a very funny man and the world is a sadder place without him. I hope he is finally at peace.

Edited by Guest

It's very sad that such a talented comedian who endeared himself to millions of people around the world was unable to conquer his personal demons. It isn't surprising though that a man so adept at losing himself in his many movie and television characters was successfully able to hide the depths of his despair from so many people close to him.

Depression is still a very misunderstood ailment and not nearly enough money is devoted to research into this debilitating illness. I've dealt with depression for years

but caring health professionals and a loving family have helped me navigate troubled waters. It's so sad that Robin Williams was unable to get the help he needed.

He was a very funny man and the world is a sadder place without him. I hope he is finally at peace.

Well said CanAm!

I've had my own personal demons to fight, and something that makes it harder to do is the ignorance of some people on mental issues.

I think this cartoon strip sums it up perfectly.

CWFTYoV.png

• 1 month later...

Well said CanAm!

I've had my own personal demons to fight, and something that makes it harder to do is the ignorance of some people on mental issues.

I think this cartoon strip sums it up perfectly.

CWFTYoV.png

Excellent, point Andy. There is still such a stigma attached to mental illness. Many people feel that mental illness can be cured, when in fact there is no quick fix. The illness can be successfully treated by a combination of medication, various therapies and lots of love and support. Unfortunately, many sufferers turn to illicit drugs and alcohol to try and cope and this often leads to tragic consequences.