Have you ever met a music icon.?

Shackled77

Just wondering if anyone has stories to share.

...me.?Waay back in 1969 I bumped into 'Canned Heat' members at the Denver airport..we boarded together & flew to Chicago.

Kinda scuffy lookin'...but they were fun to be with. :hippie:

I think most of them have passed on by now.

I haven't, but my hubby has....many years ago he worked at a thruway restaurant....He saw a Fleetwood Mac bus parked out in the parking lot...soon afterwards, Christine McVie came in and ordered 4 large coffees to go...

And another time at the same restaurant, members of The Fixx stopped by for some coffee also...

interesting...but,no Deadheads.?..or Phish fans.?

I/we attended 'The Last Wolfest' in Nashville back in 2002..it was a gathering of fans of the band Steppenwolf.Some fans came from Europe & farther.It's on youtube if anyone wants a look.

This band had several changes along the way,diff guitarists,etc..a couple formers had passed on.It was cool ;cause we got to meet John Kay & my fav 'Wolf guitarist Larry Byrom.

...so we all met for 3 days of music,fun...tales from the road,etc. :guitar:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I've met...

Rick Neilsen

Todd Rundgren

Pat DiNizio

You know, just met them and shook their hands, got Rundgren's autograph. DiNizio was hanging around in front of the stage after the show; I offered to buy him a beer, but he refused (he had already had a few).

Three very cool dudes.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I've met a few but the ones that stand out are in the 80's... Pat Travers in Dallas. We just talked about guitars and stuff.

Richie Blackmore and Joe Lynn Turner in San Antonio. Joe Lynn Turner was going on and on about Rainbow and I asked about Dio which got a smug smile from Blackmore.

Edited by Guest

Ran into Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter on the streets of NY in the '80's...said "hi" shook hands. Just me and them on a back street in the fashion district.

Waited in line for ice cream with Brian Setzer of Stray Cats in the Bahamas. He was there with his girlfriend and we had a nice chat. also in the '80's.

I was vacationing in the upper peninsula of Mich. back in about 1980-81...

...my gf & I had been traveling all day...we were tired & found lodging in the town of Marquette.As I was signing in, in a huge bus pulled into the parking lot & in walked Grace Slick a few of her entourage.She looked great(a bit heavy on makeup) but,she was nice.

We later learned her band 'Jefferson Starship' was playing at Northern Mich. University.

Almost had a chance to meet Little Feat...I'm still mad about it..lol...We won Meet and Greet Little Feat tickets and got to the concert late...bad accident on the expressway that night so we didn't get there early enough...so mad...oh well we had center balcony seats and they played great, so we enjoyed it anyways...

What's your meaning of "met"? I literally bumped into Randy Bachman in a bar when heading for the john & he was exiting. Turned and said "Sorry, man". He replied "No problem" looking back. I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him until I was leaving the men's room. I was so mad I didn't say hi or shake his hand. Whether he washed it or not! :laughing:

yes..I suppose the OP of 'met' an icon is a bit misleading..still I'm glad I started the thread,it's interesting to hear of others experiences with celebs.

The meet & greet events are fun,but I've always thought it more interesting to see 'em in everyday settings & such. :shades: