Searching for a song

ember

I have joined this group hoping that it is the same group that Lea belonged to. She introduced me to a indie song that was mellow with a male lead that sang in a higher register. I think that the lyrics were something like "the story is untold" but i am not sure and cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Could it be this one?

"Unfold" - Jason Mraz

Lyrics:

Hands in line

Arms close to my side

I'm fighting tides of an ocean's undertows

And I figure that I might not make it

And I'm taking empty

But seldom speaking

And the words retreat, yeah they breathing histories still at ease into stories untold

And my arms unfold.

My hands are high

And I'm holding on, holding on

But I figure that I just might make it

And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping

And the words repeat breathing histories into stories untold

And I unfold.

See now, quality is what you see now in the corner of your eye.

And don't be surprised if you hear the bells ring as

They fall from the sky and they sound

Bong, bong, bong, bong (x2)

And I'm holding up (scatting)

because I figure that I

I figure that I just make it.

And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping

And the words repeat breathing histories into stories untold

And I unfold.

Welcome to SF ember! Lea had great music taste, so if you got your music from her, you're in good shape. ;)

I googled also, and came up with the same as Laurire - A song by a band called Every Avenue, titled The Story Left Untold. There is also a band named A Story Left Untold. Maybe one of their songs?

Sorry, I'm no help.

Thank you all for you help! I have check out all of the suggestions except fleet fox, and they sound like they could be the band. They just have so many songs to listen to that it will take me a minute to figure it out.

Some things that I remember about the song I am looking for is that the lyrics were kind of strung together so they could be misunderstood. Also the beat sounded like an acoustic guitar with two low beats, then a high beat, low and into the hook.

I wish i knew what key it was in and what the actual notes were. I will keep looking, and when I find it I will share it.

Also I have found some great songs along the way.

• 2 weeks later...