Essential Queen songs

Batman

I am getting into Queen more, so I was wondering if anyone knew anyone good Queen songs I should get, NOT from Rocks or A night at the opera. I allready had those.

Preferably the best from Queen 1, Queen II, Sheer heart attack, day at the races, news of the world, and hot space.

Here's some good ones, I'm not sure if they're on the albums you listed though....

• Death on Two Legs
    Killer Queen
    Princes of the Universe [Highlander Theme] *
    Sheer Heart Attack
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Tie Your Mother Down

* = (IMO this is their only good song from the 80's, they tried too hard to blend in with the decade)

I like "Under Preasure" with David Bowie.

I bought a "Queen Greatest Hits" CD at Wal-Mart that had neither that nor "Bohemian Rhapsody" on it. A Queen greatest-hits CD without "Bohemian Rhapsody" on it is like a day without sunshine! What were they thinking, leaving off what is probably the best Queen song of all?

That´s weird. I don´t think that it´s the "best" QUEEN-song ever, but it´s the one that everybody should know as the "trademark"-song of them. At least more than "A Kind Of Magic" or such crap. My personal favorite is "Innuendo", but I must add that this one reminds me of Led Zeppelin. I know that Plant has sung it one the Tribute-concert in 1992, but that version was really bad. It´s the last QUEEN-song on which they did what has made them famous...their pathetic style (did I say that right?) and so on. And it´s really HEAVY.

Miamisammy, we must be on some kind of weird wavelength thing here. I was just going to recommend I Want It All. (I swear!) Mercury's vocals soar, Brian May's guitar sears, and their trademark grandiosity rules. Most excellent.

But how come no one has mentioned the all-time greatest Queen album--at least in my estimation--Jazz? Though it was not a huge commercial success, it definitely contains some of their strongest songs. Hell, you have to hear Dead On Time, Fat Bottomed Girls, Bicycle Race (the latter two were released together as the single), Mustapha (in which most of the lyrics are in Arabic), their "disco" song, Fun It, and the impressive ballads Jealousy and Leaving Home Ain't Easy. If you want to be a true Queenie, you gotta hear Jazz. :coolio:

Queen has 2 different Greatest Hits CD's, that's why some of their best songs aren't on one or the other. It's been labeled by a few websites as one of the biggest ripoffs in the record industry, but they're such a diverse band, that they need 2 volumes of compilations to showcase their best work.