I Knew I Was Old When...

Carl

I had my iPod playing at work today, and. It was playing a *killer* 70's playlist. It got to Bob Welch's "Ebony Eyes" and one of the younger ones squinched up her nose and said "Holy crap that's old music". When did I get so old? Why did that genuinely hurt so much? Why do all those old songs mean so massively much to me? Why do I care so much about it? Music had always been my passion and my life. And I have genuinely tried to like anything current but it doesn't sound good to me. It sounds manufactured. It's not melodic and I'd bet all that I love, all that I own, that no one will be listening to the Imagine Dragons 40 years from now. Edison Lighthouse's "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" came on and my boss said to turn it up, damn thats a good song. Ah well. I guess it doesn't matter. I have my music and it will be with me until I die. And when its time to go, I hope something I love is playing. Anyone want a copy of whats on that 70's playlist let me know.

G'night.

RonJon, right once again!!   :D

I love to find you here on the boards... :)  ;)  Forever young!!!   ;)

Edna,

I'm trying to be here more and more. Speaking of old, I just couldn't figure out how to get on to the newly designed site... Well I figured it out. I hope all of us oldies but goodies can start gathering here again. 

Edna,

I'm trying to be here more and more. Speaking of old, I just couldn't figure out how to get on to the newly designed site... Well I figured it out. I hope all of us oldies but goodies can start gathering here again. 

Yes, I admit it was a bit... strange. I still miss the old boards... :)   I try to check in every day and hope this will be alive as before one day... :)