Songwriter vs Artist

TROUBADOR

OK, this is a shout out, intro as well as a question. I'm a newbie to the boards but I've been perusing SF's for awhile. I'm an aspiring songwriter from California as well as guitarist and singer. Gigging in a local rock band, doing open mic's as a singer/songwriter and I'm also in a Barbershop Quartet that gigs as well - I'm busy...

I do wish there was a way to search via the songwriter on the site - as this is my interest.

Otherwise, I like the site - good info, lyrics are very helpful

... and thank you very much!

Hi Troubador ~

Welcome!

There is a feature where you can search for the artist... or anything else. On the Main Page, up in the upper right corner, there are two little boxes side by side, and it says, "Search Everything," and then in the first box there's a pull-down menu, if you click that it gives you the option to choose "artist" or something else, then in the second box, type in the artist you're looking for. It's that easy. :) Happy hunting!

That is a really good idea. We put some prominent songwriters in our category links (more songs by Paul Williams...) but we don't have every songwriter tagged. I'll run this by Zhivko to see if there's a way we can work toward something like that.