Seattle Seahawks

Mike

Seahawks defy logic in historic comeback

November 3rd. 2013

mjlnp5.jpg

No team in Seattle franchise history ever had come back from a 21-point deficit. The most was a 20-0 deficit at Denver in 1995 when the Seahawks won 31-27.

“What a day,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. “This really is a tremendous statement about our guys hanging together and believing.”

After stopping the Bucs on their first overtime possession, Seattle won it with a 27-yard field goal by Steven Hauschka. But the turning point of the game was a 71-yard punt return by Golden Tate late in the third quarter when Seattle trailed 24-14.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone here aware of what is going for the Seahawks fans? This team is giving us fans a great ride this season. Every game is exciting and unpredictable. But the skills, the level of play these guys rise to in the crunch .. amazing!!

I've always had a liking for the Hawks (the whole "12th man" thing is cool & they have super-loud fans). I'm glad they've finally got a team that could potentially go all the way (as they proved last year).

Although my fave team is the Steelers, their descent into mediocrity ticks me off, so I've jumped on the Hawks bandwagon. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s take a look at the man at QB

713cys.jpg

23 Wins by Wilson, the most by a second-year quarterback in NFL history. Ben Roethlisberger held the previous record of 22.

50 Career touchdown passes by Wilson. He became the third quarterback in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning and Dan Marino, to throw 50 touchdown passes in his first two seasons.