HUGE Songfactors Choice Top Ten Spotify Playlist

LeeBB

Hi guys,

It's been a while...

Been sucked into the Spotify vortex, and thought I'd try my hand at putting together a Spotify playlist with ALL of the songs that have ever made it into any SongFactors Choice Top Ten list.

So i trawled my way through the 35 page archive of top tens, extracted titles and artists for about 4000 tracks, and dumped them into to Spotify to see what came out the other end.

Now Spotify, which may be the greatest resource for any music fan that i have ever come across, does have some obvious gaps in its catalog - no Beatles, Led Zep or Ac/Dc - but what *is* there is quite staggering.

So, here it is:

my "Songfactors Choice Top Ten lists" playlist

...that's 3000+ songs, chosen and certified by you guys and your collective genius. I've been giving it a bit of a listen, and there's some pretty good stuff in there ;-)

I hope I've done all the right things to make it accessible to you all.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks heaps,

See you around,

LeeBB

ps, I'm not really sure how best to share Spotify playlists. This URL might work better. Who knows?

Edited by Guest

I don't get Spotify... :thumbsdown:

They have Canadian artists but it's not available in Canada. I just love when sites approach Canada like were some 3rd world country! :laughing: (Actually, Spotify is available in some 3rd world countries. I guess that doesn't say much for us Canucks) :jester:

I don't get Spotify... :thumbsdown:

They have Canadian artists but it's not available in Canada. I just love when sites approach Canada like were some 3rd world country! :laughing: (Actually, Spotify is available in some 3rd world countries. I guess that doesn't say much for us Canucks) :jester:

That's strange about Canadlia being excluded. It's been here in Australia for a few years now. I resisted for a long time, but now I am a total convert.

Decades ago, Frank Zappa prophesied a future in which you could phone up an audio library containing every recording ever made, and listen to it for a few cents. And here we are, almost there. The holes in their catalog are shrinking fast, and for my $10/mth I have instant and unfettered access to the biggest music library ever compiled. I have explored more music in the past few months than at any time in my life.

In other words, when you can get it, get it ;-)

LBBB

That list was originally created in 2008, but it gets updated each week. It just keeps the same date that it was created.

Fortunately, I have awesome site-sucking/text-extracting skills, and there is actually more info in the 35-page thread. I could make a playlist containing just the PTT Number Ones, for example... in fact, I think I'll do that right now, mwhahaha!!

LBBBB

Edited by Guest

That's strange about Canadlia being excluded. It's been here in Australia for a few years now. I resisted for a long time, but now I am a total convert.

...The holes in their catalog are shrinking fast, and for my $10/mth I have instant and unfettered access to the biggest music library ever compiled. I have explored more music in the past few months than at any time in my life.

In other words, when you can get it, get it ;-)

LBBB

I plan to! I have asked for notification when available in my country :)