Led Zep - Kristen Stewart - A Prince- A President

RonJonSurfer

Great little story:

..Kristen Stewart Charged A Middle Eastern Prince $500,000 For 15 Minutes Of Her Time

By Aly Weisman | Business Insider – 3 hours ago

Kristen Stewart, with actor Michael Pitt, raised $500,000 for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts with the help of Harvey Weinstein.

Harvey Weinstein revealed an interesting tidbit while promoting “12.12.12,” t he Hurricane Sandy benefit concert film during the Toronto Film Festival Monday.

According to the movie mogul, " Twilight" actress Kristen Stewart raised a whopping $500,000 for the Sandy relief effort simply by sitting with a Middle Eastern Prince for a mere 15 minutes.

Weinstein, who didn't reveal the prince's identity, recalled the incident during a press conference. Here's how he says it went down, according to the NY Times:

“How much?” Ms. Stewart asked, according to Mr. Weinstein.

He checked with the prince, who proposed a figure, which Mr. Weinstein promptly raised to $500,000.

The money was delivered in advance, in cash, Mr. Weinstein said.

Mr. Dolan [ James Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden] locked it up in Madison Square Garden, he said. “And Kristen sits with the guy for 15 minutes.”

Weinstein enlisted Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama to help persuade Led Zeppelin to reunite for the benefit concert, but Jimmy Page wouldn't do it.

Weinstein also revealed that Led Zeppelin was asked to play the Hurricane Sandy concert, explaining that an appearance from the band's remaining members could significantly increase the amount of money the benefit raised.

But the idea fell through after one band member reportedly refused to participate.

Weinstein explained that after approaching Robert Plant, "We get an OK from Plant if Page will do it ... Jimmy Page doesn't want to do it." Weinstein quipped: "Jimmy Page's lawyer ... Maybe he works for Satan? Maybe he is Satan?"

"Undeterred, Weinstein asked Hillary Clinton if she could lend her considerable diplomatic skills to the cause," reports The Huffington Post. "She didn't think that she'd be the best person to talk Led Zeppelin into performing, so she recruited her husband Bill."

"Bill talked to the group and Jimmy told him no," Weinstein told reporters in Toronto, reportedly while barely concealing his rage.

As a last ditch effort, Weinstein asked President Barack Obama for help — b ut it was still a no-go.

But it wasn't a total loss.

The concert, which was held at Madison Square Garden in December, went on to raise $30 million for relief efforts.

I'm so sick and tired of people trying to get Led Zeppelin "to reunite for a benefit concert". The rockers from that era are pushing 70 or more and while I still love the music, seeing them hobble around the stage I can do without. There are exceptions I'm sure, but I'm glad Zep can still say "No Thank You". Besides, if I saw Clinton & Obama headed my way to ask me a favor, I'd hobble the other way as fast as I could too.