What happened to the first album you ever bought?

Earth-Angel

I'm talking the first album you ever forked out your own cash for. Do you still have it? If it's quite old, I wonder how much it's worth money-wise as well as memory wise. Do you even still listen to it? Did you save up to buy it, or was it a by-chance purchase?

I remember the first album I bought (well, it was a tape) was Rick Astley. I think it either got chucked, or was recycled (cellotape over the little security tab holes) and made into a mix tape. I wonder whatever happened to him? I should have waited for something better. Definitely.

Beach Boys' Pet Sounds (mono/stereo) on CD. (Closely followed by Shania Twain. How's that for polarization?)

Still got it, still listen to it frequently (even more frequently now as I myself am striving to emulate Brian and write the world's most perfect album. Ever. I'll get to it).

As for Shania, "Come On Over", which incidentally has sold an incredible number of CDs over here, that wasn't mine originally and I got it as a gift from a friend. Still listen to it frequently.

(I know, I'm so young and foolish!)

Matt

Please don't be angry, but it was

N*Sync-No Strings Attached.

I was 8.......... I traded it in for Guns n' Roses Greatest Hits

You made the right choice...

Off Topic, but I didn't really like the songs they chose for that Greatest Hits album, they got most of the biggest hits, but there were lots of other good songs that could've been used. I didn't bother buying it though, since I already have all their studio recordings.

Since I no longer have it, it must have been one of the albums that got melted from playing outside in the sun.

It was Leapy Lees Little Arrows and it must of happened at the age of seven. Are You Experienced was among the many that warped. Black Sabbath, luckily, had not been formed yet.

I know how you feel, JR. I was devastated. ::

• 3 months later...