Best Computer Music Player

MindCrime

I've always preferred Window's Media Player's unique brand of list playing. It's easy to edit the tag to any given song, and keep track of the entire collection. It also features a 5 star rating system, play count, & a built in internet engine that references media information for the song and album. Playlists can be categorized by Song listing, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, etc. Other features include Net Radio, CD Copier & Burning utility and fully customizable skins. On XP the folders that contain these music files will have it's album art appear as the thumbnail, when the songs are enlisted in the player. I used to use Winamp, but found that WMP is much more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bringing this back up, because of a related inquiry; this was about the most applicable thread.

I downloaded the update to Windows Media Player today, it has a new interface, but I didn?t seem to notice any changeable skins for it. There are more categories for the Music Library, and an added feature to synchronize music; they?ve also advanced the burning utility. Has anybody else installed this? And know anything about it?

WMP won't let me burn CDs though-- it says that it doesn't recognize my Drive E as a burning device

Do you have an F Drive as well? For me that's the drive I have to use to burn Cd's with, as the E drive is for DVD/CD/ROM playback. There's currently an update for Windows Media Player, from what I understand, they have also fixed many bugs with the Burning System.