SF Fantasy Baseball 2013

RockyRaccoon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Nice week for Sammy and I as both our pitching staffs seem to be dead set this week on trying to outdo each other to prove which can be the more embarrassing. We both have combined ERAs around 6.30 ( down from around 7.30 ), WHIPS of 1.65, about 5 losses each, and only 1 or 2 wins and quality starts each -and there's still a couple days to go. Holy Suckville ! :laughing: :P

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

If you haven't read about it yet, this current week (15) of the league will continue until July 21st. Of course no All-Star game stats will be included, but the games/stats will pick up again from Friday, July 19th, so there are still a few more games to prepare for in the current match ups until the next round (16) the following Monday (July 22).Unfortunately, pitching starts are currently undecided for these games yet, so you'll have to pop in again sometime to see who will be playing.

Enjoy the All-Star Break.

• 4 weeks later...

Count me in on the football too. As long as someone can let me know what rules the league uses. I've been doing some research and apparently there are a number of different scoring formats.

There are. And I will list the scoring before the season starts. Any changes are fine by me, provided the rest of the league wants them too.

Are we allowed to draft our own players or are they assigned to us like they are in fantasy baseball? I joined an ESPN fantasy league and the 10 players in the league took part in an online draft that took about 2 hours. It was fun to be able to select my own team. I don't know if this would work for songfacters, but it might be worth considering.

CanAm, we always do an auto draft, same as baseball. The reason being we are spread out time zone wise so much that an online draft would be really difficult. I play in another league in which we make our own picks online, and you're right, it is fun.

I also play a 3rd totally seperate league through work, and is very different. It's a salary cap league through espn, called Gridiron Challenge. This one runs in a completely different way also, no draft required at all.

The best thing to do is read up on the players, rank them to the best of your ability (or not, if you choose) and hope for the best. It's always a fun surprise to me.