The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Special: "PERSONAL FAVORITES"

WELCOME TO THE...

sfc4.png

Personal Favorites

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate up to three of your favorite songs, regardless of them previously making the archive or not. There are a few catches though... ;)

[bigger]

• * Once an artist has been nominated, they can't be done again, in other words... one song per artist. (First come first serve).[/bigger]
    Other than that, any song is available to be nominated. I am doing this in an attempt to draw in new members to the 10, to give them a taste of how this works.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominatenow.png

:headphones:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that. People are more likely to vote for older, more well-known songs vs. newer, lesser-known cuts, regardless if 10 people play or 100. That's why a Beatles song is almost a lock to make the TT and a song from Sigur Ros or Muse is not. I try to balance nominating older songs and newer songs because while I love the older stuff, I also want newer songs to get more representation.

That's my $0.02 anyhow.

I do see a few people who used to participate, still posting on the boards, so maybe Kenne or Brad could PM them and ask them to come back? If we limit nominations to one artist per TT (no 12 noms from the same band/singer), maybe Songfactors who felt marginalized otherwise might participate again.

Would you guys rather be able to vote for your own noms? I don't wanna discourage anyone from voting because they think they're competing against their own picks. I just thought it would make it easier, well put it to a vote.

There have been more than a few weeks where, if I wasn't able to vote for my own choices, I wouldn't be able to vote at all, because there weren't 10 songs I like enough to vote for. I'm not saying that'll be the case this week, because all the nominations haven't come in, but in the future....I want to be able to vote for my own choices.