How Much of Your Listening is Christmas Music?

Carl

With more radio stations cranking out holiday favorites, I started thinking about Christmas music as a percentage of my playlist, and wondering how it compares to the rest of the world. If, comparatively, I'm a humbug or a jolly elf.

Here's my ideal Christmas music distribution - what's yours?

December 1-6: 5%

December 7-14: 10%

December 15-20: 25%

December 21: none (I need a break)

December 22-23: 60%

December 24-25: 100%

I'm a frenchman and we tend to party for a week straight from Christmas to New Year's. The music is mostly about being with family & friends rather than Christmas or New Year's specifically. I listen to it when I'm with my family for Christmas & New Year's. :tongue:

None, ever, if I can help it. Humbug.

I concur. I like "Christmas Eve Sarajevo," "Step Into Christmas" by Elton John, and "Walkin' 'Round in Women's Underwear" by Bob Rivers. Those are all on my regular playlist.

I do not have a "Christmas" playlist. I got burned out and washed down the drain on that working in retail for so many years.

I hate that *^¥#ked up Christmas Jingle Bells HoHoHoHoHo stuff polluting shopping malls and other public areas.

Even at my office, during work hours, folks try to create atmosphere playing these *^¥# cliches.

I have a copy of this cd ready on my laptop to respond to this madness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Wish_You_a_Metal_Xmas_and_a_Headbanging_New_Year .

Too much Christmas music makes me very tired of it by Christmas. Of course you can't avoid it when you're out at a store or restaurantor holiday parties, but at home I only listen to it decorating the tree or opening presents. Otherwise, I don't listen to it much.

^ That's the only Mariah Carey song I like! ;)

I listen (by choice) only for the few days before Christmas. Shopping yesterday my radio was tuned to the Christmas station, and I'll listen all evening tonight. It puts me in the spirit, but too much of a good thing is waaay too much. ;)

• 2 months later...