121212 The Concert For Sandy Relief

Sweet Jane 61

Tickets are on sale now for 121212 featuring Bruce & The E Street Band, Paul McCartney, The Who, Eric Clapton, Chris Martin, Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi and more! Thanks to the generosity of concert organizers, sponsors, and Robin Hood’s board of directors, every single penny from ticket purchases and donations will go to serve the victims of Hurricane Sandy through the Robin Hood Relief Fund.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Bon Jovi did a great job after the storm. The videos they showed of him going back to his hometown of Sayreville meant a lot to me. My hometown of Perth Amboy is next to Sayreville.

I've never been a Bon Jovi fan. They used to play local clubs in the area when I was a kid and my friends and I refused to go see them.

But as an adult I can really appreciate him supporting the old home town. The entire shore area took a beating. Many spots on the Jersey Shore can't ever be the same. the same can be said for Staten Island and other area spots.

Support this effort if you can. I know it's tough to muster up much sympathy for the northeast, but remember you aren't supporting arrogant SOB's like me...there are many poor and low income folks suffering.

cfiles3694.jpg

Here is a photo of the waterfront area of my old hometown of Perth Amboy. that island in the back is Staten Island. The storm came off the ocean, up the bay and hit hard.

Thanks,

Ron

This is wonderful news for the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The all-star “12-12-12” concert featuring Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and Alicia Keys has raised $50 million for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The epic gig at New York City’s Madison Square Garden last week brought out some of music’s greatest legends, including Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones and The Who. The six-hour show was broadcast live on

TV and online across the world to an estimated two billion people. Viewers called in to make donations, with actors such as Susan Sarandon, Ben Stiller, Whoopi Goldberg and Jeremy Piven helping to man the phones. The money will be given to the Robin Hood Relief Fund and distributed to about 160 groups providing aid to those whose homes and businesses were destroyed when the post-tropical cyclone struck America’s North East in October.